Titans will start 1-0 vs the Patriots in 2012

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Man can't lie, that schedule looks brutal on paper.

Opening up vs Brady and those mammoth tight ends eh? Well anything is possible week-1 when teams are still figuring things out and working out all the pre-season kinks so there's definetly a "CHANCE" of an upset at least.

Is it just me or do the Titans NEVER beat San Diego? They always seem to give us "fits" albeit in regular season or post-season. If anyone has the exact stats on that to prove my instinct wrong then go ahead and post it - but man whatever the reason it seems 'Diego has our number.

Detroit and Houston back-to-back is brutal so 0-4 isn't a stretch although I'm pretty sure Tennessee will upset 1 or 2 of those teams, realistically.

Where I like the schedule is right in the middle with some winning-able games all clumped together.

Buffalo, Indy, Chicago, Miami and Jacksonville are all winnable games theoretically.

While the end of the schedule looks mixed with some winnable and some very tough games down the stretch.

All-in-all these schedules don't mean much on paper in the NFL, you just never know who REALLY is going to be good and who will suck or who will get the injury bug but none-the-less this schedule is an eye sore - BRUTAL on paper.

I like the few primetime games and especially MNF in Nashville, about damn time. (getta see the Titan blue unis on National TV for those of us not in the Tennessee region)

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. I really hope they let Locker have a fair shot regardless of how hard the schedule is coming out of the gate. IMO we need Locker to start out the season if we want a chance to win some of these games. If we want to compete we will need to put up points and move the ball. If we start Hass he will probably dink and dunk the ball and we will be punting a lot. Our Defense is good enough to hold of teams like the Pats

3. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Man you gotta love this time of year! Hope springs eternal,and all that stuff.
    It's a new year ......everyone's tied at 0-0.

Then reality comes crashing down,right upside your head ...BAMM !!!:brow:

4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

God i hope Britt stays healthy we need that kid all season.

Poor Locker would get blitzed to death with no WR threats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I would be lying if I claimed to not be very concerned about that matchup. I wish I had the confidence that some of you guys had.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just hope we can start 2-2 in our first four games. That's a brutal start. Reminds me a lot of the 2009 schedule and we all know how that went.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The only thing I really want from this game, is win or lose, that the Pats walk away knowing that 59-0 game was a different team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Pretty sure San Diego was the only team Fisher didn't beat while here. So....that means its been a LONG while since we beat them last.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm not really a big fan of how our schedule panned out. Really top heavy. We'll probably start slow (2-4 at best IMO) and still have time to get out of the hole in the second half. But I'd rather play a few cupcakes to start the season off 3-0 or something...It's early but it looks like it'll be a rough first 2 months for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar