Titans Win in Windy Buffalo, 30-29

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans kept their playoff hopes alive with a 30-29 win in windy Buffalo. Vince Young threw for two touchdowns and ran for one, while Travis Henry rushed for 135 yards in his return. Rob Bironas made three field goals, including a 42-yard effort into a strong wind, which barely cleared the crossbar. The Bills elected not to try a late field goal into the wind, attempting a long fourth down pass instead, which was intercepted by Reynaldo Hill. The win is the sixth in a row for the 8-7 Titans, and their eighth in the last ten games.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Going for it on fourth down was a stupid decision imho. What kicker would tell the HC there is no way he could make it? That must be why there was no try. I can't imagine a coach telling a kicker who wanted to kick it that they were going for it. Buffalo hung themselves with a bad coaching decision.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Since it is their home field, I am sure they have a chart on what he can make from each end considering wind conditions. Juron said postgame he talked to his kicker and he said it was too far. It was only a 45 yarder though. I imagine another factor that played into his mind was the fact they would have to kick off into that wind, and Pacman was killing them on returns already. We would have had 40 seconds, two timeouts, the wind and Vince. He probably thought his odds were better trying to get 5 yards.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

no doubt. folks second guessing the call have balls the size of planet earth.

that's their home turf, surely they've measured their odds.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm really pleased we had such a terrific overall passing day in that wind.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And thank goodness for opponents making stupid decisions.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

That was just a real exciting game to watch...Vince is the man

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think it was the fact Bironas (who has kicked a 60 yarder so has a decent leg) barely made a 42 yarder, that 45 yards would be less then 30% chance in his mind.

That or Jauron had money on the Titans to win.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Henry could have been #1 on that rushing chart with that run today. Around 190 without it called back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar