Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Win in Windy Buffalo, 30-29

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,044
    considering we had 10 yards in the 3rd and poor field position (and them great field position) I think we did well.
  1. asus64 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Considering the conditions it was easier to make 5 yards than the field goal so I think it was a good call, the only thing they didn´t consider is that they didn´t have VINCE!!!!
    Go TITANS!!!:spud:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,044
    J.P Looseman :werd:
  2. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    Exactly... considering the fact that the Buffalo offense was starting at the 40 pretty much all day, I think that our defense played pretty decent.
  3. TitanKid4Life Guest

meh, they played alright, it showed today that we desperately need to replace LT and hill did alright today
  4. Archtitan Guest

Yeah, we gave up big kickoff returns all day. The defense played well for the most part, I thought.
  5. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,432
    Well, I missed the game (Christmas and all that), but watching the highlights 2 things struck me.

1) That was hell of a play by the offensive line (and the receivers) on Young's rushing TD. Normally when the QB decides to run it the line is left still trying to protect the pocket, but on this play they were like a wall moving down field brushing defenders aside. Roos just blows London Fletcher away. Great stuff.

2) I know Brandon Jones in an interview said he wanted to be a receiver in the TO mold (playing, not talking mind you), but is just me or does he actually look more and more like the receiver TO is?

Ohh and one negative, was it Laboy who couldn't stop McGahee at the goalline? Don't think the coaches will be too pleased with that play.
  6. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8
    I agree with their decision to go for it..
    It would have almost been impossible for them to score that field goal in the wind. We were hardly able to get our punts to break the 50 yard line in the 3rd quarter. Plus they didn't have any TOs left to properly plan a better play.

Even if they would have scored, i liked that Jeff had saved 2 TOs for the comeback and all we would have needed was about 20-30 yards (after the short windy punt and pacman's crazy return) to attempt the game winning field goal considering the wind was with us.

Bironis probably would have been able to get it 65+ yards with the wind, as the wind should account for atleast 7-10 extra yards. That would have been sick! :nana2:
  7. titanmeister North End Zone Rules

Moolah:
    $0
  8. Eddie_Pine Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    sweet

I Got so worried when Haynesworth limped off the field. Thank god hes ok.lol.:))
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.