Titans won't use franchise tag on TE Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Kunta Kinte!

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Looks like the Bears might be where he lands

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The Bears have ZERO money, so I don't see this as a possability. They barely have enough money to bring back Urlacher, Melton, and sign their rookies. They have some cuts coming that can open a few million, but they need a new OL. Adding Cook won't help that.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. His inconsistency makes him an average TE at best. Same category as a big slot guy. I fell out of love with his potential about 2 years ago. Let him test the market. If he lands somewhere else, I hope he does well. We have seen what WE are going to get out of him. Whether that is our coaching/development or him- it doesn't matter. We won't see any more production out of him than what we have already.

This is another black mark against our (former) scouts and against RW. He should have known what we were budgeting for him last year and attempted to drum up a trade. Kills me we traded a pick to get him- especially with the Pats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What sort of draft pick do you think Webster could have gotten for him in a trade? At best a mid rnd pick.

I truely think we were going to be willing to use the franchise tag on Cook until his agent pulled the WR crap. Paying Cook top 5 TE money is actually crazy and risking paying him top WR money would be nuts. The arbitrator most likely would have split the difference in between the tags and Cook's cap hit would have been 8mil. Way to high.

I see no problem in letting Cook hit the market and let the market set his value and the value of the other TEs that are available. It is interesting that Cook, Davis, and Keller are all coming off of disappointing seasons where they all were injured. Will teams open up their wallets for these guys ???

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wish we had a shot at Dwayne Allen in the third round last year. He was my guy from midway through the college season. :disappointed:

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Yeah, I know, just pointing out that I don't want him on the team anymore.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We wouldn't of taken him anyways. Cook was coming off his best statistical year & Stevens just got resigned.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I know, but still :irked:

He'd beat the hell out of Taylor Thompson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar