Titans won't use franchise tag on TE Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Think so? They have a pretty damn good TE already and they care more than a little about run blocking.

I think Cook needs to go to a spread team.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Clicked on the firemunch.com link in Jeff's sig.

Was not disappointed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well to a degree it makes sense

Assuming Harvin stays, he will likely have the whole field to run around and not have to worry about teams focusing on him at all.

5. RavensShallBurn

Right, but as others have said... Ponder is their QB. He is slightly better than Locker at this point.

He needs to go to a team with an elite QB. Watch the Pats get him. lol

Broncos would also make sense because Dreesen and Tamme are as average as TEs come.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well yea, but I just don't see him going to a place with a great QB that doesn't have an already established TE.

Maybe the Skins, truth be told I really do not care what he does. He is going to go somewhere and probably light it up, and we will have to hear about it for the next few years about how we let all of our good players go and not pay them. Everyone will have forgotten how much of a headache this guy was.

7. RavensShallBurn

Packers, man.

Finley was absolutely useless this year... and I'm never taking him on my fantasy team again even if he's available in the final round. Finley is likely leaving the Packers. They don't want him anymore.

Rodgers would love to have Cook... and he's clearly better than Finley at this point.

And while Cutler isn't a great QB, the Bears would love to have a TE.

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Are you crazy? Gates and Gronk are great blockers, remember a guy named LT who ran with Gates at TE from '04-'09. Witten has also been a star TE who blocks as good as anyone on the team. Graham can also block.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

6 million = ok

10 million = GTFO.

• High Five High Five x 6
  10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Don't think Cook wants to stay anyways.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar