Titans - worst fans in NFL?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

What? Who said they were?

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

My bad, seemed like you were trying to defend titans fans by using the Panthers as an example.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I was, but I never said Panther fans are the "standard of excellence".

By example of booing their team throughout the game, maybe the Panther fans are the worst?

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

they're up there.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's the whole point though. the Panthers have won just 4 games the last 2 seasons. They like us were 8-8 in 09 but since they have won 7 fewer games. You also have to look at how they have lost a lot of their games. Penalties, the inability to cover a damn punt a missed 31 yard FG. That would frustrate anyone.

Titan fans whine like infants when the team is 4-4.

FYI Panthers do have Psl and they have sold out 91 straight games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

didn't hear booing directed towards the team.... although they did boo at the refs...

back on the subject of titans fans... most of them are pretty awesome.. i ran into a few of them at panther stadium... they gave me high fives as we walked out and cars honked at us while we were walking to our car...makes me appreciate being a titans fan since all i see are freakin' steelers fans that are little turds that need to be flushed..

and then there are a few on the boards that act like their 12 or worse.... like a steelers fan 0_0

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree...I do not live in Nashville, and have actually been to more away games than home games. Based on the times I have been in Nashville, I think that our fans are more gracious, BUT every bit as charged during games as the fans in the other stadiums I have been in (one was Soldier Field in 2008).

There are some doom and gloom knuckleheads on this forum, no doubt. However, I have seen this EVERYWHERE else I have been, so to think that this is specific to us is an oversimplification IMO.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

agree... but live life in my shoes.... growing up i was surrounded by steelers fans... went to college, steelers fans.. then i moved to carolina for grad school everyone is more into college football here... then yesterday i went to my first ever nfl game and there were titans fans cheering with me... sorry, but my minds a bit blown right now..

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was actually impressed with the number of Titans fans I saw at the game yesterday.

My whole row was basically Titans fans. Carolina fans suck and are worse than ours. It was pathetic how few of them understand how penalties work. They were losing it when the refs didn't call PI on Finnegan on the bomb to Steve Smith early in the game. Their fans all seemed to think the refs screwed them on that call. Did anyone see the hands to the face on Hasselbeck? Those fans boo'd that entire drive after that. I didn't see a replay of it, so I'm not sure if it was the right call, but it didn't even have an effect as we got a huge holding penalty and ended up with 3rd & 24. Yet they still continued booing.

I jumped out of my seat and cheered when I saw a flag fly out after the dumb Panthers lineman shoved Stewart in the face. All the fans were so happy they forced a 3 & out on us deep in our territory. They didn't understand why I jumped up and clapped. Then they saw the penalty. Good game to travel to.

Charlotte was a nice town. I ate at a pretty cool pub Saturday night. I'm glad I went... Now I'm trying to get tickets for the ATL game and go there Sunday.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You guys also have to realize that most of what I said was directly related to the terrible fans at the Bengals game. Leaving with 10 minutes left when the team is only down by 4 makes you a horrible fan. That's a fact. Getting mad at me for standing up on 3rd down makes you a horrible fan. Fact. Constantly not attending games and/or selling the tickets to the enemies makes you a horrible fan. All facts.

Everything I just mentioned happens way too often and it pisses me off. Most people think my bashes are directed at all of you. Not at all. I have some clowns in my section that apparently don't speak for the rest of the fans in the stadium. But when you've been to basically every game since the Oilers days in Vandy stadium (with the exception of 6 games that I had very good reasons for missing) like me you're gonna be pissed with dumb fans like that.

I hate the Steelers and Ravens than any teams, but their fans are into the games at all times. Yes, they win almost all their home games, but I can still tell they care more. I wish we had a hardcore fan base. It seems pretty apathetic IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar