Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans worst in the league running on 1st down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

    McNair 2
    Messages:
    5,371
    Moolah:
    $38,714

    Once again attacking someones argument with a joke shows your own lack of argument. Keep proving me right I like it.
    #31
  2. TitansWillWin2 Starter

    McNair 2
    Messages:
    5,371
    Moolah:
    $38,714

    B/c people got on to him about not taking what is there and trying to do too much.
  3. Dman Starter

    McNair
    Messages:
    4,352
    Moolah:
    $8,100

    I am noticing that too but at the same time I feel like he is doing that when he runs up the gut hoping to bounce off people even tho there is no space to do that lol. I don't want any more runs up the gut, would like to see him run outside and cut upfield
  4. Two Kings NJ Titan

    George
    Messages:
    2,034
    Moolah:
    $5,434

    Why was that even an issue. I don't remember CJ having fumbling issues. I'm not lobbing for it all the time, but a juke here and there or a spin move would do him some good. I swear he falls down before the defender even touches him. Like he is on his way down to the ground by the time he gets tackled.
  5. TitansWillWin2 Starter

    McNair 2
    Messages:
    5,371
    Moolah:
    $38,714
    I'm not sure how CJ's role could be much more reduced? He only had 9 carries last week.

    It's not so much reducing his role. It's more using him in the right way.
  6. TitansWillWin2 Starter

    McNair 2
    Messages:
    5,371
    Moolah:
    $38,714

    He makes a lot of people miss in the backfield. For example on that pitch by Locker that was almost a fumble b/c it was so poorly pitched he maid 2 people miss and nearly got the first down.
  7. Two Kings NJ Titan

    George
    Messages:
    2,034
    Moolah:
    $5,434

    I think we all agree to that too, and when we ran that screen play with him we did really well. CJ picked up what seemed like his first 1st down this season.

    I know we don't like screens here in Tenn, but we should start using them a bit more.
    • Tip Jar Donor

    acqua7 Starter

    Warmack
    Messages:
    1,024
    Moolah:
    $133
    a...g..r.ee...d (so painfull to type)
  8. Two Kings NJ Titan

    George
    Messages:
    2,034
    Moolah:
    $5,434

    Yea I just feel like I see that maybe 5 percent of the time with the other 95 percent is him just falling flat.

    This last game with Schwenke (sp?) at center I saw the first actual hole up the middle that CJ capitalized on. Haven't seen that since our Oline in 2009.
    • Tip Jar Donor

    acqua7 Starter

    Warmack
    Messages:
    1,024
    Moolah:
    $133
    would be interested in seeing our run plays again (at least screen captures) to see exactly what they looked like - comparing them to some turner plays would be great.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.

Share This Page