Titans worst in the league running on 1st down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd like to see what would happen with about a 60/40 split between CJ and Greene. I think it's important for us to have a guy back there who has the potential to get something if the blocking breaks down. But CJ does have that big play speed so you don't want to completely take him off the field either.

IDK, I look at our offensive talent and it seems so unique. I just can't understand why we aren't more creative. Why not have some sets with CJ and Greene in the backfield together? Why not line CJ up at WR more often? Why not do SOMETHING half-way innovative?

The Colts had a great play in that Denver game where Heyward-Bey faked a reverse then ran back to the original side, caught the ball, and ran in untouched to the end zone. That's just the type of thing we never see from this offense.

I just don't think Loggains has it. He hasn't had the best hand dealt to him but he still should be showing us more at this point.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

That was no where close to being his first 1st down of the season. Open your eyes

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's been doing that since last year. IDK what it is. I'm thinking the guy simply doesn't try as hard when he doesn't have great blocking. He just seems to give up on the play too often.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

lol. All 3 of his 80 yard td runs last year were up the middle

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

CJ is ducking because he's heard everyone bitching about how he dances too much and has tried to become a one cut back who "takes what the D gives him". Now everyone wants him to make things happens. The guy can't catch a break around here. Even the games he ran for 90+ people were bashing him on here.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No. We're not talking about dancing in the backfield versus taking what's there. We're talking about how he folds up at the first sign of contact. There's a big difference.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Oh I see. It's weird to me cause on some runs I see what you see and on others he fights like hell for those yards. But you're right. On some plays it's almost like even before contact he's resigned himself to the fact that he's going to go down. It's kinda strange.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Drives me insane when he runs into a defender with his back. How are you going to get yards like that?

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The schedule gets much softer and those numbers are going to get better. But again when most of your running plays are between the tackles and the running back is 195 lbs, I just do not know what the staff expects. Screens have looked good but we do not run them enough.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The first sign of a weak argument: Any argument made by TWW2.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar