Titans WR Impressions From Saints Preseason Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

It is difficult to get a deep impression from this game because so much emphasis was placed on the running game.

However, I do feel a lot better about our WRs than I have in some time. We know that Drew Bennett(catch the ball Drew!:lol: ) can be counted on to make some good plays. David Givens adds solid play there as well. We know that Courtney Robey can be trusted to make some big plays too. Roydell Williams has a lot of talent(catch the ball Roydell!:lol:)

We don't know how quickly Brandon Jones will return and how effective he will be coming off of knee surgery. The status of Tyrone Calico is an unknown as well. I don't think that even the coaching staff knows the status of Calico.:closemout

The WR who impressed me the most last night was Bobby Wade. Wade caught a couple of passes underneath the coverage and tunred both into nice gains. We have missed such playmaking since the departure of DMase. Wade brings back that missing play making ingredient.

We have some play making to look forward to this season.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He's the WR who intrigues me the most.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Wade is a definite missing piece of the puzzle that has been found, His play can dramatically change our passing game results.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I saw Wade really stood out to me
    and he wasn't bad at all with return duty.

Roby did something really great but my recollections are a bit hazy. I really would have liked Drew Bennet to hold on to or haul in that deep ball that got away from him near the goal line. I believe that play may have been the game.

Vince Young threw some very accurate passes to these guys although I was not over impressed with Vince. There is alot to look forward to. We will have a fine group of receivers in a few years.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah Wade sure made me wonder how he could have been sacked by 2 teams in the past

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Every team's needs and uses for players is differrent. Not every player fits into the "vision" and "desired mold" of a team.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

every time i hear people give props to Wade, I can't seem to shake off the memory of Joey Kent in camp one year
    all you heard was Joey looks great, Joey did alot of nice things, he should compliment (x) well

8. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Maybe I have my gloomy glasses on, but I can't figure out what you saw that makes you feel better about the receivers. Two of the four you mention (Bennett and Williams) dropped the balls that were thrown their way, and one other (Givens) had no chance to catch the only ball thrown in his general direction. Wade did look sharp in the slot.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

furthermore,

Bobby looks good in the slot and should be a dandy in that role
    but I wouln't suspect that he'd be a good 'wide' out (for us)

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

they need a little slack .....

imo, Drew caught that ball. he had possession for at least a step; while being dragged to the ground the ball slipped out
    ~if anything that should have been a catch and a fumble instead of an incomplete pass (note: it was close calling whther the ground actually contributed to the ball coming out)

now Roydell doesn't get quite as much - except for it's pre-season
    i'm not sure he even realized it was coming to him
    it was pretty good coverage, but it was an even better pass
    and it hit him in the hands - we would have seen that all week had he caught it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar