Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans WR Impressions From Saints Preseason Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    I was mad they didn't throw to givens more. They threw to him one time but it was way behind him to catch it.
  2. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    My thoughts on the WR core...catch the ball. Wade showed some good. Drew and Roydells drops did not encourage me, nor did Troupe's drop. Im sure the WR will get an ear full at practice
  3. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    He certainly looked good on returns.
  4. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $619
    If Calico doesn't show something in the preseason, I'm going to be for Grant Mattos or O.J. Small taking his spot. There. I've said it. If Mattos is catching everything like they've said, I want to see him play more. Oh, and I know that not catching a ball last night wasn't his fault, but Givens had better show up.
  5. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    A bit early for that, I'd say.
  6. FightinTitan Guest

Someone questioned why I feel good about the WRs on this team.

I am feeling good about them, because i have seen what many of them can do. I am not basing my overall opinion of each WR on the basis of one preseason game...other than what I have seen from Bobby Wade.

What impressed me about Wade was his lateral quickness, something we have not seen in one of WRs since DMase exited.

Our WRs corps looks to be in good shape.
  7. smili Starter

Moolah:
    $400
    I think alot of the drops we saw by the WR are somewhat contributed to by the short timing routes many of them we running. Givens' pass was a bang/bang short pass, Troupe's was much the same. I think there may have been others. Those types of passes seem more difficult to execute.
  8. smili Starter

Moolah:
    $400
    Roby had a screaming fast - long kickoff return.
  9. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    Looks like special teams are going to be the least of our problems.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    They were looking good last night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.