Titans WR Impressions From Saints Preseason Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

we're definitely better off than last year but still an injury away from being screwed imo. looking forward to seeing calico next week, jones soon and more of orr. williams disappointed me a little last night. Drew also had a big drop. I know its early but i was looking forward to seeing our "depth" i've heard about all summer long.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't know what game you guys were watching, but the drops were attrocious. Not only were they beautiful passes, but they were both deep gains, and soft, and on target, and they were both dropped. They made no plays. And you're final score because it, the same as last year. Lose by a FG. You don't make plays you don't win.

Now really, these guys have been catching footballs their whole lives, there is no excuse, even in preseason, to drop a ball. You've had a few weeks to get comfortable again. If you run the wrong route, ok. If you take a hit and drop it, ok. But to just flat out drop a pass. Terrible. Both passes landed right in their hands on the fly. No reason to drop those passes. It's a bad bad sign. I'm sorry. The probability that those drops carry into the regular season is high. They should have been caught. I don't know if it was mental, or physical, but it was just sad. You let your whole team down with drops like that.

I just hope Givens can do better. Cause I look at that game and just pray. Nearly all WR's in this league make that catch in training camp, let alone preseason. Those catches should be automatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar