1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Titans WRs draw high praise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Both Titans head coach Mike Munchak and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains singled out the team’s wide receiver corps for praise as the OTA sessions drew to a close.

On Tuesday, Loggains praised the precision of the group.

“As far as mental busts, the one thing I was really impressed with was this year, the receiver group has probably had fewer mental mistakes than probably the rest of the group outside the quarterbacks, and that’s the first time that’s happened here since I’ve been here in eight years,” Loggains said.

“I think it’s a standard we set. I think it’s a standard (new receivers coach Shawn Jefferson) set. These guys are like our fans. They’re tired of losing. They want to win. They want to go to the playoffs.”

On Wednesday, Munchak took things even further.

“The receiving group has been fun to watch, the way they’re working in the run game and the pass game,” Munchak said. “We’ve drafted guys at that position the last few years and there’s great competition and camaraderie there.

“I think it was fun seeing Kenny (Britt) healthy and not having questions every day about his health, and seeing (Kendall Wright) lose 15 pounds and running out here like a guy who’s going to break a lot of runs next year. Nate Washington has had the best camp he’s had since he’s been here. He’s been a leader. He’s been everything you could ask for.

“You’ve got some guys who could make plays. So we’re excited. It’s fun to watch them. They compete against each other and they push each other. I just think it’s going to be a fun group to watch.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. BiscoPhan11

BiscoPhan11 Starter

Well at least now there is no room left for doubt that they are, indeed, "fun to watch."
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Of course the WR's look good, look who they're facing in practices

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 5
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Hopefully their precision helps with Locker's accuracy and development.

I hope we have a great receiving core. Will only help out the run game and help Locker. If our O-Line is opening up holes for CJ and getting him to the 2nd level we'd have one explosive offense.
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

a lost cause...
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Out for a rip

Sigh off season
  7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I wonder how Justin Hunter is looking.

oh... my bad

:injured:
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

He said he snuck into team drills for 1 play and Loggains caught him afterwards.
  9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

pics or it didnt happen.
  10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo) Tip Jar Donor

This is great news. I can't remember any year lately the coaches were praising the WR core. With Britt healthy combined with Washington, Wright, and Hunter, we might have the best core in history of the Titans. Just need Locker to get them the ball consistently.