Titans' Young sits vs. Skins for violating team rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Channel 5 reported it tonight. I am sure they would not have said anything unless they know it to be true. They have their contacts also. They said nothing about a party, just that he was not at the hotel with the rest of the team.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[insert] Bobo avatar [/insert]

3. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Well, according to this post this leads me to one conclusion....

VY and JF got into it for some reason. That's the only thing that makes sense. Apparently they are at odds, and if that's the case I think it means the outs for JF.

IMO

4. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

On ESPN 2's First Take one of the "2 Live Stu's" said they had inside information about the incident, and that he knows 'for a fact' that other players with less than 4 years experience were doing the same thing(sleeping at home). He basically said that Fisher was making an example out of Vince to send a message to the team, and that he wouldn't have been suspended if it were a regular season game. Pretty much what most of us were thinking.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

WOW! What a mountain out of a mole hill.

6. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

If true, it seems like this will do more harm than good, especially if Vince feels that Fisher is being a hypocrite by singling him out while others went undisciplined.

7. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I wouldn't assume that training camp rules and regular season rules/routines are the same.

I also wouldn't assume they hold to the same pregame schedule for home night games that they do for home noon games.

I think it's entirely possible that Young decided to skip a night at the hotel because other veterans are possibly allowed to sleep at home the night before a preseason night game. And just did it without permission. Breaking the training camp rules for guys without four years experience.

That's what Peter Sirmon implied on the radio postgame show, anyway. He also implied if you really want permission to sleep at home and have a good reason for it, Fisher might allow it. But you'd better follow procedure to get permission.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I blame the Madden Curse.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Nendzone, that's not what happened.

Oh, and preseason game planning and the night before a game is more intense and detailed than a regular season game. Preseason they are teaching the rookies how to prepare for a game and get the entire team back into a routine of pre-game planning.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Madden Curse...lol....that's great.

Come on folks. I mean really. He was held out of a Preseason game for god's sake. Big Frickin' Deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar