Titans' Young sits vs. Skins for violating team rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Because his name is Vince Young.

Not Matt Mauck.

2. Why are you guys making a big deal outta this? Did he fail a drug test? Was he at a strip club?, was he smoking pot with ricky? NOOOOOOO, he missed a simple curfew, calm down, quit trying to make VY feel like a bad guy. You see now I bet this will affect him in the long run. It will still be on his mind, that he won't be able to play football knowing that espn is bashing him.

3. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Kerry collins is garbage. I was suprised they even moved the ball. But he always killed the drive with missin snaps and such.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

People!!

It was a pre-season game.

There's no need to lose sleep over this, yet.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are a riot kid.....

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I admit, that's a big part of the reason it makes me angry. Honestly, I wish I'd just sold my tickets. The whole experience was pretty lackluster.

Vince needed to play in this game, period. Our offense has now three weeks to establish some chemistry. Too bad. I would've rather seen Vince rested in the last preseason game, so he was fresh for the season and particularly the Jacksonville opener.

But oh well, sleeping at home is such a crime for player.

Fisher still doesn't have that contract extension, right?

7. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

If that's the case then Vince better toughen the heck up. This is the NFL. He's going to have his tough moments, his bad games, the missteps when he's going to get his share of criticism. It's part of being the quarterback. You can get more credit than you deserve when things are going well, and more blame than you deserve when things don't.

If he's O.K. with letting BET cameras follow him around for a reality TV show and being on the cover of Madden and all the cool stuff that comes with being a face of the NFL, then he has to live with the downside of having such a high profile. Including the relentless media scrutiny.

Vince Young seems like a good kid. Not many guys his age could be in his position and carry themselves the way he generally does around the team, take on the job of being the face of the franchise like he does. He deserves credit for that, but he generally gets that kind of credit too. Including from the media, like the way they were all over it when he stuck up for Courtney Roby earlier in camp. Or when he stayed after practice signing all those autographs. He gets plenty of media love, when he deserves it. Which is pretty darn often.

That doesn't mean he's the consummate professional yet. He's still got some growing up to do. And when he messes up, the media is going to call him on that, too.

I hear where you guys are coming from but I think preseason is always what you make of it. I still enjoyed getting a chance to see how Cortland Finnegan looked on a punt return, and as a starting corner. Or how one of my camp favorites, Eric King, looked (and he looked good!). Or how Chris Henry picked up a blitzing safety or fought off a would-be tackler. Or how Paul Williams looked pulling in a couple of passes. Or just seeing Rien Long back on the field, knowing what he's been through. Or watching the sideline go crazy when Ulrich Winkler came up with his first sack in the "big leagues".

Vince was only going to play about three series anyway.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I enjoyed the game anyway, but was disappointed in not seeing Vince play.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i enjoyed the game, mainly because of our D-Line, but we desperatly need vince young to develop chemistry with his recievers, or we are in for a long season. i bet he plays a full quarter next game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar