TJ is a Seahawk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

his no brainer option money and family wise was seattle. The seahawks put the numbers up and it was a done deal. If hasselback comes back healthy TJ has a chance at 2-3 good years, but after that will fall off like every other WR does when they go to Seattle. Glad we passed on this guy cause honestly i can see it already by 2011 TJ will be a lost cause and a dead convo in the NFL, hell be selling beer at safeco field cheering on Ichiro by 2012

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I agree that the money was a no brainer but what about winning a SB,isnt that the ultimate goal and the reason why these players play this game? Maybe its me but it just seems like some of these guys are all about the money,i understand they gotta get paid,i'm not arguing that but you can still get paid and go to a team that has a legitimate shot at a SB.Your probably going to take a little bit less but you put yourself in a better situation to win a SB. We've all seen what a SB ring can do to a guys resume come FA,whether hes an average player or a stud, a SB ring can add a few extra million to your next contract. There are players out there they do aim for teams better equipped for a SB run but then again theres also handful of players that are in it for the money and its obvious.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

"Glad we passed on this guy cause honestly i can see it already by 2011 TJ will be a lost cause and a dead convo in the NFL, hell be selling beer at safeco field cheering on Ichiro by 2012"

And then we'll snatch him up cheap!

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

It's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLWAYS about the money.

The "I just want a Superbowl" talk is just for PR. Except for a few exceptions IMO.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

History is not on there side then if they want to win a SB.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Somebody from seattle??

He said on ESPN he wanted a team with a GREAT O-line, and a great running game. They don't have that, or anything else.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

But they do have the right offense for him. Minnesota is run, run, run, pass and Seattle is pass, pass, pass, run. I know the Vikings seem to be a contender and the Seahawks are in shambles but with Hasselbeck back and healthy anything is possible.

Besides they have to be on a come up, look at that division. Arizona will be screwed if Warner leaves.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You're right.

They have to be when they're always trailing.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nice colors in your sig. :thumb:

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The problem with TJ is that he won't have another contract. He'll be in his mid thirties by the time this one runs out, and will be signing one year deals for slightly above vet minimum, and that's if his career goes well for the next few seasons. This was his big payday, it was about the money, not the ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar