TJ making media rounds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm all for it...

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

He said he likes the Eagles, either way i think we will land a great WR this time. we almost had Roy Williams so that tells me we want a big name.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

We need this guy... badly.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I'd go after Housh in a second if he's willing.

Boldin is a pipe dream, Housh is a real deal possibility.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If we lose AH, I want to see some of that money thrown towards TJ. Not sure we could afford both, but that would be the ultimate off-season.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The WR pool this year is extremely weak, so T.J. is going to get overpaid, it happens every year

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wait...TJ Housmadazeh?

I thought we were talking TitanJeff.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure TJ is going to be worth his asking price. Let me ask you guys this. Without looking tell me which WR has the higher average yards per catch, TJ or Gage?

Gages's average last year was 19.1. The year before 13.6.
    TJ of late is closer to 10.

Sure he catches 90 balls a year but he is strickly a possession WR. He will help get us some first downs and he is light years ahead of McCariens (what starting WR isn't) but is he worth 8 mil a year? IMO he might be if the organization thinks we have a viable window of opportunity to win a SB and he could put us where we want to be. Still, TJ will be 32 next year. He is going to be over paid by someone. The Titans do have a little leverage considering we are a real contender and TJ wants to go to a team that is a contender. The question I have is if he is worth the money or maybe we should put a little more into Boldin via a trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar