TMQ blasts Titans fans, and he's right.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

"Worst Crowd Response: The Flaming Thumbtacks' home faithful repeatedly booed Vince Young. True, he played poorly Sunday, and the larger complaint is that he has not become a sophisticated quarterback. But whom did the Tennessee crowd think the Titans were drafting? Young was not a sophisticated quarterback in college, either. He got Texas a national championship, and got Tennessee into the playoffs last season. The same coaching staff that wants him on the field led Tennessee to a victory on opening day. What, precisely, is accomplished by booing your own quarterback?"

from: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080909

You know what? He's right. I read a lot of VY hate on the forums here too. People can debate whether or not VY is our future, or whether he should be starting, fine. But come game time? We were WINNING that game. PLAYOFFS last year. And the fans boo the QB because he makes a bad pass against the Jax defense? You know what, that's some bs.

The Titans are good, and it's time to STEP UP AND DO YOUR PART as fans. Support the home team at the stadium, no matter what. Save the criticism for post-game. That's why it's called "home field advantage".

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You're only as strong as your weakest link, ours seems to be a bit fragile in mind and spirit. Not the guy you want running your team, he's too weak-minded. Plus, now he can't even do what he does good and that's run, we're better off.

3. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

Totally irrelevant to the topic at hand, which is fan behaviour at the stadium. I'd say our weakest link is the leeching away of home field advantage.

You booing idiots are actually hurting our team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

We were not winning that game. It was following the same script as games from last year. We had a defense that was playing all out and an offence that can't seem to score. Without scoring some points the defense will be too wore out at the end of the game to hold off an opposing offense that only needs one score to win.

People are going to boo. But you can't let that get to you. Just like if the fans are claiming you're GOD. You can't listen to crap like that. You're never as good as they say you are and you're never as bad as they say you are.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Relax, it's only the PreSeason:)

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We drafted a guy that was A BEAST with his legs, and KNEW had trouble throwing the ball. Sunday he had 1 rush for 4 yards. We need to accept he is not a passing QB, and either move on with someone else, or start utilizing what Vince DOES WELL, and that's use his legs.

I don't see the Bengals trying to turn Carson Palmer into a running QB, so why are we trying to turn Vince into a pocket passer?

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think as fans, we have every right to boo if we want, the fact is our offense is terrible and has been for the last 3-4 years. I can boo if I want, and if it makes Vincentia Young cry and throw his helmet, then maybe the little baby doesn't need to play with the grown-ups anymore.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince did not lead us anywhere. Our defense got us into the playoffs - our offense (passing game) kept us out of the Superbowl.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wasn't among those booing Young but I can't blame those who did. He was single-handedly killing the chances of the Titans to win the game despite a dominating defensive performance. His first pick led to 7 points. They were lucky his second one wasn't as well.

If anything, Young was coddled by the fans, media and coaches far too long. I remain a fan but the thought that the fans are to blame for anything ticks me off. It comes with the territory.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

The sooner Vince leaves tennessee the better off he will be, this is one of the worst franchises in the NFL. its fans are no better, he deserves better than this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar