To all the CJ haters...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i actually saw that initial article you posted, and wanted to blame the oline more as well.

but then i started thinking about what ive seen. i've watched every minute of every game this season. i like most here blame both the o-line and CJ, about equally. not only has he missed some (obvious) holes, his '100% prancing around' style in general needs to change.

I am not going to sit here and critique a 2k rusher all that much. But, he needs to switch it up more, hit the whole hard some times, not try to bounce outside/extend the play seemingly on every carry - just my 2 cents.

The one CJ stat you could like, is much like his yards per game, very low, actually 0. While he has been hit a lot, early, he hasn't fumbled once. Other than that though...

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Wrong. CJ got paid, Revis got paid, Smith got paid. Whether you like it or not the good players always get what they want, look at any sport. You can demand trades, holdout, or not show up to practice any time you want and still GET PAID. Show me an every day job where you can not come to work unless you get a mega raise where you WONT lose your job. Or just show me a job outside sports where you can not come to work for a month and get paid 10x what you were originally making.

It's a different industry.

Vince Young didn't get everything on his contract, Avery didn't get everything on his contract. Jovan Haye is out of a job right now. The contracts were not honored, I don't care how much percentage of money was not received or was received. A team can use you up and cut you loose without anyone thinking twice about it.

High Risk of Injury and no no guaranteed contract, that right there is why CJ held out. Definitely selfish, I've never said it wasn't. But I don't blame him considering the average nfl lifespan of a runningback.

Yeah, you're real objective.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Wait...did you just compare a regular every day job to the NFL??

And you have NO clue what being objective is.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

He couldn't learn to catch in four years?

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, everyone knew this...does that absolve him from not trying to improve this?

Someone his size needs to be able to diversify if he wants to last more than a few years. It would certainly help open up his own running game right now IMO.

There were alot of backs that could not catch in college that developed this skill in the pros...why should we not expect CJ to do this as well?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

so basically you totally agree with me - lol

8. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

Man I TOTALLY agree.
    How can you possibly have viable statistics on a case study of three?
    We are only three games into the season. The stats that are given for Tampa are based on an entire season. This also doesn't take into account the quality of run-defense faced by opponents. The stats are flawed, and therefore, are not viable. I don't think we can have and accurate assessment of the O'line or of CJ until we get further into the season.
    ...That being said, I posted my concerns about CJ and his non-football interests before he agreed to his deal. i am afraid that he might not live up to expectations this year. I'm not a hater... I'm just an observer who recognizes player patterns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar