To Europe people and those who have been

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gunny is looking into his next holiday, which will be Gunny's European Tour.

I am looking to go either late next year or early 2009, so it is ages away. I am looking to go to these countries:

Definite - Spain, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, France.

and

Maybes - Russia, Greek Islands, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark.

And there is a possibility of heading to Egypt and Morocco.
    No doubt I have forgotten some places. And I won't be going to all of them.

It all depends on funds and the like.

So now for all those who live there and have been there can you tell me the places to see (you recommend), best and economical ways to travel between countries (plane, trains?), any good places to stay, what to watch out for (good and bad) etc.

I will be doing my own research on these places but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

How long are you planning to stay? It'd be a lot of traveling to go through all of those those countries you've listed.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Elfin wants to know why Gunny is referring to himself as "Gunny" as if he's making plans for another dude.

As for trip ideas, I strongly suggest Paris. It's the home of Louis Vuitton!

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gunny,
    I suggest hitting central europe. All of those countries that joined the EU three years ago will be changing to the euro next year, and you want to go before the switch. Places like Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Poland are cheaper now than they will be soon. I would also say definitely include Germany on your list. So many neat things to see! Travelling by train is cheap and easy throughout europe once you are there.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I lived in England for about 3 years on the schulthorpe AFB, but too small to understand anything. I do know they multiply backwards and it works. And that it screwed me when I came to the States, because I had a hard time getting used to american mathematics. I broke down crying once or twice.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

In France, if you come in the spring or in the summer, you have to see George du Verdon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verdon_Gorge

If you're in to history, there's plenty of stuff from WW2, in Germany, France, Denmark among others.

The cheapest way to travel will probably be by train, although plane is becoming cheaper.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Travelling through europe via train is awesome. I don't think it's as cheap as it once was (but then again, is anything). Last time I went I had some sort of euro railpass thingy that allowed me unlimited access to rail service for the entire three weeks of my stay.

Driving in Paris, Lisbon or Rome is insane and should be tried at least once (just so you can say you did it). If you're in Paris, renting a bicycle is actually a pretty decent way to get around (but it's honestly a bit frightening at times).

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

+ Russia and Finland. Finland [particularly Helsinki, the capital] is absolutely beautiful if you can appreciate architecture.

Russia has castles and it snows a ton. c'mon. That's a no brainer.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it's funny because it's like George from Seinfeld

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_gags_in_Seinfeld
    she's right though Gunny. You should definately go to Paris. I was there 10 years ago. In fact, I was asleep in a Paris hotel room the night Princess Diana died. I wish I could have spent more time there. There was so much to see. If you go be sure to allow yourself ample time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar