To Europe people and those who have been

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Hook up with some Euro-trash babes...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah...when you get me a football signed by Vince Young.

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Not a problem in Paris and the immediately surrounding area. I did a crash French course before I went, but once I got there realized I didn't need it. (Plus, they weren't haughty with English speakers as I'd expected.) Try not to miss Montmartre. It's quite artistic and has a lot of history as well.

I didn't much care for British food -- too bland. A side trip on the Bullet Train to Wales might be fun. If you go to Cambridge, don't miss a leisurely float on the punts (flat-bottom boats propelled by a pole).

If you buy much to bring home, don't forget to take the VAT (value added tax) credit upon leaving. And if you buy much of substance, check on shipping it home instead of bringing back with you; that used to save money as well, plus you have less to keep up with -- no need to pay a surcharge for overweight luggage.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have decided I definitely want to visit France, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, then head on down to Africa to Egypt and Morocco.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I know someone who went to Morocco last year on business, and he said it was very scary. The business people he met provided body guards for him, they went to eat at a place where the owner gave them a table in a back room with guards at the doors. When they left a crowd of people had gathered outside because they heard Americans were inside. The owner told them to leave because they were afraid of what might happen.
    Whenever they drove through the streets, and people saw white faces, they would stare at them in disgust and hate.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Alright, Morocco is out.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Ill tell ya everything you need to know about Italy. I just went there this summer and I saw basically the whole country.

The northern part, Toscana (our Tuscany), is beautiful mountains and farmland. You need to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but Pisa is not worst staying in. Florence (Firenze) is a great city. You need to see the "David", but you could pass on the Uffitzi Galleria (unless you really like art). Also, eat at the restaurant "Za Za". Its the best food in Italy, but that isnt saying much. The food in Italy is really not that great. Also in Firenze, there is the Duomo. Not really worth going in. Beautiful from the outside. Then there is Venice (Venezia...something like that) which you need to go to. See St. Mark's Square, you will love it.

The smaller Tuscany towns are actually the best. Visit Lucca and you MUST visit Pietrasanta. I have family there and they showed us around. Just a really upbeat, friendly small town. Great, great place. Also, visit Cinqueterre, the 5 lands. The 5th and 1st are the best, though.

Then there is Roma, which you could do in 2 or 3 days. The Coliseum is great. Sign up for a tour for the Vatican and you need to go into St. Peter's Basicalla. It will blow your mind. Also, visit the Spanish Steps and eat at Leonardo's.

If you have time, go south and visit Sorrento and you gotta go to Capri. Most beautiful city Ive ever been in. Also, if you go to Capri, you need to try to get into the Blue Grotto. Its not open all the time, but if you're lucky and it is, you must see it.

Hope this helps.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gracias.

I plan on going to the town where my grandfather was born, called Sulmorna in Abruzzo as well. But I will look into those places you mentioned.

Thanks.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I would learn a little Italian if you get the chance....but most people speak English. It just seems that the people you really need to speak English, dont.

"Parle Inglese?" (do you speak Italian)--you will be saying that a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar