"To Tank or Not to Tank"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I was very disappointed in Tank's performance this year. I even went as far as to call him a bust.

BUT the more I think about it and especially after reading the article in the Tennessean this morning the more I think the Titans should resign him.

We need some consistency on this team. We have too many young players plugged in here and there. We don't have a lot of veteran talent or guys that have played together for more than a year or two.

If Tank is truly over the injury, and thinks he will continue to improve and get his mental aspect taken care of then I think we need to give Tank another chance.....

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

1 year, minimum and no problems from me.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm going with Gunny on this one. Give him 1 more year. We ain't going any where in 2006. Our schedule is rough, bad for the Titans, good for PSL owners. MAYBE, maybe a 8-8 season. We're going to have a rookie QB and an aging McNair in the role of teacher/leader. We're going to have some veteran Free Agents learning our system under 2 different QBs. Our receivers corps and DBs are not up to winning big games.
    Give the veteran another year with the Titans holding an option.
    ________
    Bondage cuffs

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Williams Optimistic About Future

SUMMARY: S Tank Williams started the '05 opener just months after a knee injury suffered in the ninth game of 2004. He struggled with the injury all season which appeared to significantly limit him. Titans coaches said Williams showed some positive signs down the stretch. Coach Jeff Fisher said Williams had his best game of the season on Dec. 24 against the Dolphins. He had nine tackles, one fumble recovery and one pass defensed. GM Floyd Reese has not ruled out bringing back Williams who is an unrestrictd free agent in March. "Once he got over the mental part of the knee you could see him kind of pick it up slowly," Reese said. "I don't think he's back at 100 percent. I think he is probably 100 percent physically. I'm not sure he's 100 percent emotionally and mentally, but he is certainly closing in on it." Reese plans on talking to William's agent in the next couple of weeks.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No way Williams accepts a one-year deal before March 1. Maybe he tests the market and then he may sign something like that with some type of bonus at the end if the Titans wish to keep him beyond next season.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he showed improvement in last two or three games.

7. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Maybe Darnell Bing Will Slip To The 2nd Round :)

8. maximus

maximus Starter

To Tank. Sign him to a contract with a small SB and close to base salaries

9. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

He was pretty mediocre when he was perfectly healthy. If getting back to mediocrity is the Titans' goal, then they could give him a chance. He was never among the elite safeties in the league, although he was certainly better than last season.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He's a young guy with potential that has played well in the past. There is no way he is worth what he will command in free agency. There is zero reason why he should sign a smaller deal with us when he can go to a team with lots of room and an overly optimistic front office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar