"To Tank or Not to Tank"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think it depends on the contract. Something with an option, as suggested, with some incentives that could turn long-term if he performs. I'm for giving him one more year. He was improving down the stretch.

2. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

We need better players, not cheaper players.

3. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

We need more veteran players, resigning Tank allows us to have 1 more veteran on defense

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Dwayne Slay(wrong name?) S, Texas Tech, that guy can flat out hit and lay the wood on people

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I partially agree with you #1TitansFan. I do think we need more veteran players who can play at a high level. We presently have a lot of veteran players who don't.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

And he has been one that doesn't. Tank seems like a good guy and all but if we can upgrade to somebody that has been more consistant and had better numbers I'm all for that. That being said, Tank has had a year to recover from the ACL and he did seem to play a little better toward the end of the season, so, they may decide to keep him. After it's all said and done I'd be surprised if Tank is with us next year.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Many players have learned from the two different paths of Eddie George and Jerome Bettis. What they have learned is that sometimes it pays to take less money to stay with a team you know and not test the free agent market.

Floyd has faith in Tank and recognizes that he is a smart player, he knows the system and he has potential. It is wiser to keep a guy that you know has the potential to make plays than to spend a large amount of money on a new free agent who you hope to make a difference. Remember, the Titans have a horrible record when it comes to signing free agents.

Tank wants to stay in Tennessee. He knows the team, he knows the system, he has made lots of close friends on the team and in the city and he enjoys Nashville. Besides, it's best to stay where you started and at least go into free agency with a strong season behind you.

8. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

tank should stay because he is fairly young and not bad. Especialy when he keeps improving.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

would just make him another to use the Titans to heal up and get the $$$

If he don't want to stay the he should say so, and for cryin' out loud somebody remove that RB from his chest!

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Don't go Clevan!:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar