To trade, or not to trade. That is the question.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 21, 2008.

?
  1. NO TRADE

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Trade for mid-rounder sounds good

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Trade for 2nd rounder or higher ONLY

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Trade for another vet player ONLY

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

isn't it 2011 now since he was suspended last season?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Clayton reporting a 5th round pick most likely.

I hope MR doesn't have that much mud between the ears.

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I think we should trade Pac and our first to New England for their 1st. That would basically be a wash since he cost us a high draft pick.

Other than that I wouldn't take anything from them. Something else to keep in mind is that if he signs with another team as a RFA we get compensation picks that are much better than what teams are willing to trade for him.

I would keep his *** until he is an UFA if we can't get value for him.

4. imbread

imbread Starter

i am sick and tired of getting nothing for a good player,,, do not trade him.. make him play or make him quit.. do not reward him!!!

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:eh?:
    not seeing your logic here
    it'd be anything but a wash
    and trading him to a conference opponent, especially the one who will most likely stand in the way of us reaching a championship is a bad bad acid trip

but I wouldn't mind picking at #7

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

The situation is that Jones has wronged us in the past. Multiple times. But why trade him. We gambled and hit gold when we drafted him so why give that away for an even larger bigger gamble? We know what we have and that's a possible pro bowl corner with probowl returning skills. He is a proven playmaker to the point that even IF we hit big on this so called 5th/6th round the most we can hope for is a player with Pacmans skill level.

And if you look at it like the "cups half full" the great thing is that he can't screw us anymore. Either he keeps his nose clean or he's gone for good. Bottomline. Play good and help the Titans out huge ......... play bad and become either entirely special teams or just a backup ........ or get into trouble and be banned for life.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:applause:

Making a lot of sense.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Giving him up for a 5th is not much better than the Raiders giving Randy Moss to the Patroits (and, as it turns out the gave him to them) for a 4th. :grrr:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and the Patriots get better, again, almost by theft.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

My point, exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar