Tobacco Success Stories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Here's my amazing, yet completely true tobacco story. I smoked in high school....lots of Camel unfiltered to be really cool and hardcore. Then I just kinda thought "this sucks". So I quit. Short story, and maybe not that interesting after all, but I feel good about not blowing thousands of dollars by now on cigs or chaw.

2. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

No Copenhagen since December 26th, 2005. I did that crap for 22 years and I sure miss it. I honestly wish I never quit. I had an ulcer under my tongue the size of a quarter. Talk about one painful son of a gun. I couldn't eat anything but I still tried to dip even with the excruciating pain while attempting to spit. I didn't know we used the tongue so much while spitting. I had that damn thing for a few days before I finally told my wife how bad it was. And of course she made me go to the Dentist, Meanwhile I had that bad uneasy feeling that all tobacco users have when there is something in the mouth that doesn't belong there. I was scared ****less, but in denial like every other time. When the Dentist looked at it and mentioned the terrifying word " Biopsy", I imagine I turned white as a ghost. I was like no way, that couldn't happen to me. But there I was and there was no turning back now. The dentist gave me some mouth rinses (ones that didn't help one damn bit) and told me to come back in few days if it didn't get better, Well to make a long story short, It took several days for that ulcer to shrink. Thank God ! But guess what , a few days later I got another ulcer, not quite as big, but just as painful. I had this damn thing for a couple of weeks until it started to shrink. Anyway, during all this BS I had taken my last can of Copenhagen and put it in the top drawer of my dresser. Day 1...was bad, Day 2...was worse, Day 3...I couldn't concentrate at all, Day 4...I was struggling to do my job at work , Day 5...I missed my first day of work in 2 years. OMG...The headache had me bed ridden. Day 6 things were getting better. Day 7 It looks like I might live through it. Over the next week everything looked bright. A day or 2 after that I needed a dip bad ! Why days 15-21 was harder then days 7-14 beats me. All I know is that it was. So now here I am over 1 1/2 years later, 40 pounds heavier with high blood pressure. Everyone tells me I am better off.

Anyway, as I said above, I wish I had never quit because to this exact minute I want a dip.........The key is....." I WANT it" ..I don't NEED it ! I don't HAVE to have it !

And guys.....If my sorry *** can quit.....so can you.

BTW.........I still have my half can of Copenhagen in that drawer. Its dated December 05, 2005.

1 can a day for over 20 years...what a ****ing waste of money

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

you want to know whats funny about this...i quit smoking today!!! there is a back story and if you care it read it you may find truth in it.
    i started smoking when i was 14. marb reds...crazy for a 14 year old. i did it for all the wrong reasons. to be cool/tough/scary. all crappy reasons. well i hid this from my parents for 4 years til i was 18. i have never looked back on smoking. i have been all the way up to 3 packs a day and as low as 10 a day. years passed. my grandma came down with lung cancer in 2005. she smoked pall mall non-filters for many many years and quit when my sisters where born in 1990. well...watching your grandma die of lung cancer is one of the hardest things to do when you are 23. she passed away feb 22. 2006. from lung cancer. 16 years with out a cig and she still had lung cancer. anyways a year and 4 months have passed and i have been toying with the notion of quitting..and today one month before my wedding i swore to never smoke again. i want to start my new life a non-smoker..and i want to do this for my grandma and for myself so i never have to have my grandkids go though what we all did. good luck to all the quitters of the world.

ps. thanks for starting this thread...it was very nice to release all of this:clown:

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you talking about cigarettes or pot

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Good luck I hope you can quit.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

For what it's worth, my mom smoked for 45 or so years, and my half-brother smoked for around 25 years. Earlier this year they both tried that new drug (sp?) Chantix. It's worked amazingly for both of them. My mom totally quit for 2-3 months and now has maybe 1 a day. My brother WANTED to be able to smoke about 1-2 cigs a day, and now anytime he has a puff or two he gets light-headed and feels crappy so he just doesn't.

Supposively, Chantix also reduces the pleasure from drinking... so I guess if you take it, you have deal with the good and the bad. :duckrun:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Well, it's midnight Saturday morning and that last smoke I had was last Saturday afternoon so in approximately fourteen hours it will be a week. I'm so happy and amazed with myself. I do not think about the old habit hardly at all. I'm not taking any drug designed to kill tobacco craving or enjoyment either. It's as if I have been healed and I am now beginning to view it as such. Once a month has passed though I'll really start to believe I've actually done it. This is such a huge change. It's reminiscent of puberty like when you get with a girl all biblical for the first time ever... like you have claimed some kind of power. I feel as if I have reclaimed a part of myself I lost half a lifetime ago. Each day the idea of smoking becomes more and more ridiculous considering all I'd lose. I've even have had stress this week and my manic phase is flashing a bit... dude... I chew gum... and today... I haven't even chewed gum much.... but I can drink beer now without craving. Simply amazing!

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

You also save a lot of money.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm both happy for you and proud of you, Jay! Good move as a father, too.

But ALWAYS keep your guard up...you're never really over it.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

leaving for big outdoor b-day party for friend w/keg and lake house.
    sleeping in camper top with Mrs. BP the menthol lady.

avvie, will you be my 12 step sponsor?

:boom:

I predict a personal victory now that we are at week's end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar