Todd McShay thinks so......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd be ok with whoever we take @ #8 as long as we don't reach for a QB. We have to go BPA but have to also make sure not to reach.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Love Julio, big athletic WR, him and Britt opposite one another would be downright sick, but with the needs at QB, and the likely defensive players on the board at #8, we're better off going D/QB in rounds 1 and 2, and looking at a guy like Greg Little in round 3.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Lol I know most of the others. I was talking about calling Williams Avatar. I should have clarified before you typed all of that. If I could high-five you on tapatalk I would.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

tiffin is where washington went to college....

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know that, but have you ever seen a "Tiffin" game? I know I sure as hell haven't. Where is Tiffin located, and what is a Tiffin? He probably made that school up.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Personally if I were to make up a story, it would be about squatting 1000 lbs.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad you remember that, must make you mad I did that and you never will :p.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I hope most posters here remember over the past few years I was one of the guys that didn't like taking WR's high especially with the type of offense we run because they wouldn't touch the ball as much compared to a team like the Pats, Saints, etc. but what Britt has done over the past two years for us has sorta shifted my opinion on this. If we lose Britt to suspension, release, or whatever else we're pretty much screwed.

I don't see a problem going Julio at #8 for these reasons:
    1. He would be the BPA, top 5 in talent alone.
    2. With the Britt situation, it is a position of need now.
    3. We would have the top combo in the next couple years if Britt is still here.
    4. Safety net in case Britt is gone within two years.
    5. Helps out the future QB.

Now this is assuming we do play football next year...
    Draft a QB in the 2nd then load up on defense. Sign some free agents that can help out right away and add some depth.

So let's say Mallett in the 2nd. Now it's Mallett, CJ, Julio, and Britt. That's a crazy offense for now and the future.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

How did Fitzgerald look with Leinart/Anderson? How does Calvin Johnson look when Stafford is down? How was Randy Moss with our QB carousel? We need a QB first....

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

And who is going to be that QB to come right in and do that? No one can come right in and start...at least with a decent QB competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar