Tom Ashworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think we save anything on the CAP by letting Pillar go. On titanscentral they still project a 5 million CAP savings if we cut Olsen which doesn't make sense to me. By signing Kevin Mawae it appears atleast for now Bell will not be moving to center. You would think that Bell or Stewart could take over at RT and that if the FO had confidence in them we would not be looking to spend anymore money on a FA. We should have some good OTs to choose from in the 2nd round if we wanted to add one there as well.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

BP -- I think the deal with Bucs didn't work because they were thinking kind of like I was -- give him a multiyear deal at a lower salary, let him start, and if he proves himself, then redo the contract later.

The Seahawks paid him like he was a starter, but they signed him to either replace Hutchinson, or move the current RT over to that guard spot and let him play there. I think they overpaid just to get him, which is par for the course. To support what the Hawks did, in the article the Bucs said Ashworth was better than both their starters - at the tackle position. So they aren't the only ones who saw the value in him, but I think not knowing what position he is going to play yet is a gamble at that price tag. Definitely too rich for our blood. $4.5M/year or so, I think.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You were right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar