Tom Moore was almost our OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

not as much of an effect, however, as people would like to think, though

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think Moore has done very little as the DC. I'm just saying that he knows Peyton and knows how he operates on the football field.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moore was probably a good coach for putting a system into place that utilized Manning's abilities like the no huddle but most of his success came from the players he had.

And come on he is pushing 73 years old and is way overweight. He retired in 2009 for crying out loud!

As an adviser or something like that but an on field coach i don't know.

Makes you wonder about Munch to want to hire him. Callahan and Tice i can understand but this has me scratching my head.

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

it would've been nice if the article had a little more information - why didn't he make the move, what are the details? Mort gets things wrong about as often as he gets them right so just sayin'...

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think Moore's offense works unless you have a mind like Peyton Manning's to run it. If anyone has read Dungy's book, he goes into detail about how Moore's offense calls on the QB to make reads at the line and adjust the play to exploit mismatches.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That should be obvious. He is 72, retired as a full time coach and working as a consultant there.

Why would he want to go back to the 16 hour days for a rival and be disloyal to the team he has been with all these years? That's assuming his health allows him to do that.

I'm sure the colts are paying him well for just acting as a consultant but frankly they need to move on and trust somebody else with that offense. A 2 year transition is enough.

The Colts brought in Ron Turner last year even though there was no real place for him. They had him coach the Wrs and now he is coaching the QBs and Frank Reich has moved to Wrs. If Christianson fails as OC Turner would be the likely guy to step in.

I would be willing to bet a paycheck that Ron Turner was also on Munchack's top 10 list for possible OCs. He wasn't going to take a chance on a younger guy at all.

7. 24

24 Starter

That's to be expected of any franchise QB. The beauty of the Colts offense is that it's extremely simple. It's just executed perfectly. They run most of their offense out of 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB sets. They don't get fancy with different formations, like the Patriots.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's not the formation but the call you make at the line. The QB has to know the defense and make the call often times while the defense is shifting so they don't tip their hand.

9. amy

amy Starter

So if the QB makes the reads and adjusts the plays accordingly, without his input, then what does HE do? Gifted players make coaches look like geniuses. Manning is gifted.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar