Rumor Tommy Smith already reaching out to other coaching candidates

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Somebody is actually asking Shannon Sharpe? Like that dude knows anything.

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This franchise looks TOO nice. they are trying to spare his feelings. They were trying to spare his feelings when they didn't fire him before the last 2 games.

And can you point to the history where they have treated former players and coaches badly?
    They coddled Fisher for too long as well.

McNair and his agent fueled the fire on his leaving.

Titans are overly loyal, not backstabbing.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

He is a TV guy on CBS who knows a lot of people in the know.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

at least they didn't ask ******* sterling

5. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

First of all I don't think Fisher was coddled for too long. He had some bad seasons after salary cap dumps and then got us back the playoffs afterward. It was his time to go when he went. I disagree on the McNair situation. If you don't want to count that situation then we can go all the way back to the Bum firing.

Regardless of how you feel about the past IF it is true that Munch has not been told he will not be the coach next year AND we are already reaching out to candidates then that is in poor taste. Like the article states it goes against the normal firing/hiring process. It is just disrespectful. I'm just going off the article. If the article isn't true then that is different.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I still say Munchak doesn't get fired. Call it a gut feeling. Call it my read of the situation. But however you phrase it, he'll be back.

This is just due diligence on the part of the Titans front office.

While on the subject, do you guys think that Ruston already knows Tommy Smith's decision, or is Tommy the only one that does?

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I would say that RW knows which way Tommy is leaning, but I think that the decision won't be made till today or tomorrow.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So if Munchak is talking to Penn State about being the coach there then is that tasteless? I view that as the same thing as the Titans talking to other candidates.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If they are going to let him go, they need to do it. Theres no reason to keep him waiting and dragging this out.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wrong. The Titans reputation is poor amongst coaches and players over McNair and other issues. And in this situation, perception is the reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar