Tony Brown placed on IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Section334, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section334

Section334 Tha Masta of Disasta

Thoughts?

He was good in the rotation, but definately was inconsistent this season. Apparently he has been having knee problems all season, which makes sense why someone would not be as great as expected. I think we benefit more from Amano being on IR than Brown. Amano just wasn't getting it done and should be moved back to guard while we try out some more centers.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have mixed feelings on Down Town Tony Brown. I really like his play, but HATE the penalties he generates. The guy costs us at least 15 yards every single game, and I hate it. He's improved every year he's been a Titan. When he's healthy, he could be a top 5 DT. At this point it doesn't matter if Tony Brown or even C.J. goes on IR, the season is lost.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I agree, we need to go ahead and sit what starters we can and let the rookies and let back up get some playing time in. Hey, they might actually feel like they are post season bound if starters sit?..... Nahhhhhhh

We are in the cellar of the AFC South with Houston so we might as well act like the bottom feeders we are this season.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

My thoughts are that the whole line should feel like idiots for vetoing the Haynesworth trade. They overestimated themselves, some got hurt and ultimately, they let the team down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I like Brown and I think he is one of the better pass rushing DT in the league. That being said I don't think he a big enough to be the center piece of our defensive line as is. If we can get Brown healthy this off-season and get Haynesworth/ draft a dominating interior presence Jones could play DE and we would be set.

7. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I know this is sort of a way ouT thought but by beginning to place these guys on IR now is this in some way part of fishers plan to help pad his chances of staying? Is he looking at the overall remaining schedule and wondering If we win another game? Is he now dumping the nicked up players in an effort to say look how many people we have injured noone could have won like that?

Dunno maybe I just can't stand him so much right now that I'm suspicious of everything he does.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

doesnt matter. next....

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Fisher is gone after this season. While Bud hasn't said it...he's hinted at it. He's "Not pleased" with Fisher

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Brown has gutted it out the entire season with these injuries. He's had them since before camp. This season is lost and both Amano and Brown received contract extensions in the off-season, no sense in them making the injuries worse in a lost season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar