Tony Brown's stupidity Continues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by psychotictitan, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I wanted to start this thread and hear your thoughts about it. Tony Brown is probably one player on this team that continues to piss me off and has become automatic when it comes to jumping off sides on crucial downs. The worst part about it is, after he does it, he laughs and finds it funny. Does anyone notice this? His lack of concentration has cost us some critical 1st downs inside the red zone. All i have to say is, when it comes playoff time, those 5 yards can be the difference of going home or moving on the next round.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not that ticked about it. The coaches have talked about how they emphasize getting off the ball, and apparently that includes keying in on the cadence and whatever else. Not that it should condone too much of it, but we've had some great d-line play. As hard as he plays, I wouldn't think he has a nonchalant attitude about going off-sides, looks like he just likes playing off the crowd and opponents.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Amen brother! I'm tired of seeing his silly azz Jump of sides too. It's not like he's five yrds away from the ball, he's lining up right next to it and can see the damn thing. If they emphasise getting off the ball, then why does no one else have as many off sides penalties?? He needs to get his azz a bag of discipline and watch the damn ball!!!!!

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

For those that don't know Tony, it may seem as if he's laughing and being silly, however, that is not the player that he is. Tony is a very religious, happy and upbeat man. While some players will be down with a frown on their face, Tony acknowledges his mistakes to his Coaches and smiles through his difficult times. It's kind of disconcerting to see a player with Tony's demeanor on the sideline, however, those that know him understand what's up.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

But how many times is he going to make the same mistake? This isnt like it happens once in awhile, it happens all the time, more often in the redzone at critical downs in the game. I dont care how religious he is or how up beat he is, what he needs to do is concentrate. I've said it before and i'll say it again, those five yards will cost you a game, if you dont believe me look at my signature, and thats only 1 yard.

6. The Mrs

You must not understand the D-line and football. As explained to me, Tony Brown is the pitbull. He IS concentrating, trying to learn nuances of the O-line and their cadences. At each play, he's the first one off the line. Coach Wash teaches this technique to a fault. So, when he's successful, he's stressing the O-line, collapsing the pocket, creating havoc and forcing the QB to make a bad decision. He's doing this more often than getting penalties. Coach Wash and Fish accept a few of these penalties because Tony's successes far outweigh his penalties.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

No penalty is acceptable, especially a repeated one. Ift hat would be true then all of the D-line could do the same, and it would be "acceptable". they are all taught the same principle "Beat you man off the ball", It's funny that none of the others are getting offsides as often as Tony B. He needs to do both parts of the job, and that's beat his man, AND stay on sides. Like I said, all he has to do is watch the Damn ball he's right next to it. Last time I looked it's AH that's being touted as the best D-lineman in the game right now, not Tony B. He's doing his job, but sure wish he'd do it w/o a penalties.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Its the penalties that allow drives to continue and keep the defense on the field that are the issue with me. I don't care how dedicated you are or what your personality is...if you lose focus and concentration and make a mistake that keeps the other 10 guys on the field longer than necessary, you are screwing up.

9. The approach is a gamble. In critical situations you often cannot afford to take the gamble. During games against losing teams, or if the Titans are well ahead, you can certainly go that route. But you're right PTT, it could be one part of those cumulative factors that can cost a playoff game against the wrong offensive scheme.

10. The Mrs

Hey, you can argue all you want, you need to take it up with Coach Washburn. Every guy on the D-line has a specific job. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes you get penalties. You love it when someone gets a sack.:irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar