Tony Dungy on Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Dungy also touched on the controversy surrounding Vince Young, who said last weekend that he wants to be the Tennessee Titans' starting quarterback in 2009 or play for another team.

"I am a big Vince Young fan, and I have gotten to know him from playing against him twice a year (with the Colts in the AFC South)," Dungy said. "He did a tremendous job at the University of Texas leading that program, and he was on his way in Tennessee, but some things happened. He is going to have to recover and rebound and reestablish that leadership.

"Right now, I think the team does look at Kerry Collins as being the leader, and that is going to be a hill he (Young) is going to have to climb. It will be interesting to see if he does it. I am pulling for him, and I hope he does. He is a good person, and I think he can develop into a big-time quarterback, but right now, I think you have to say Kerry Collins is the leader of that offense."

:yes:

2. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I think that's pretty much true.

Drew Bennett also added his opinion. He basically just completely thrashed VY.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Kerry is doing a real bangup job leading this team so far this season. :yes:

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

I think Drew is out of the league now.

5. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Obviously Tony was being generous in his remarks for Kerry. My read is Tony is saying what the F$%^ is wrong with Jeff and his coaches.

6. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Someone tell me what they have seen out of VY inthe chances he has had this year that makes you think he is worth a crap?

He sucked in preseason, and he has sucked when he got his chance to play in real games.

In other words, he sucks.

7. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

If the Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator are not in your camp, you have a tough road to climb. That said, I believe we owe it to ourselves as Titan fans to see what Vince has to offer if given a chance. F%$# real chance. Just put him in and see how he adapts over the remaining weeks to the NFL opposition. He will find a way to win their support and ours or he will be cut.

This is why Jeff should have resigned when Bud forced his hand with Vince.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

3 of his last 7 starts, over 100 rating. That's what I'm looking forward too. My own personal take is that he was starting to groove it when Fish pulled him and set us back years.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wish we could get Dungy to coach us for the rest of the season.

10. DESTRO90

DESTRO90 Camp Fodder

What did Bennett say his reasons were for choking on that pass from mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar