Tony Romo - $108M Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 29, 2013.

?

Worst contract?

1. Tony Romo

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. Joe Flacco

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Tacos

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I laughed even harder at this than the Flacco deal.

This basically guaranteed Cowboys fans they will not win a Super Bowl for six years, but I guess we already knew that.
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Eagles at Cowboys.

Slice of pizza - $10.50
    Cup of beer - $21.75
    Bottle of water - $8.50
    Cheeseburger - $11.95 add cheese for an additional $2.75
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

To answer the poll question though... Definitely tacos.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I voted for both. Flacco's contract is a big wtf, and it's pushed players out. Romo's contract is just as bad because he had the team over a barrel. A panic contract after they found out they would be unable to franchise tag him in '14. It did save them against the cap, for now. Still a panic contract.
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

Romo is a Top 5-6 regular season QB. But bad coaching, horrible and medling ownership, and a inconsistent defense have hurt the Cowboys more than anything.

Romo is very accurate and makes a lot of big plays. Without him the Cowboys would be a 3-4 win team at Max.

That said, this is way too much money to commit to a 30+ year old QB who hasn't won a championship.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Eh, it's not that much of a shocker, Dallas is in win mode now and have too much talent on paper to tank. Plus in a QB dominating league and after putting up with guys like Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson at QB, I can't blame them for wanting to lock up Romo, who's still a top 10 QB despite his share of wtf moments.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I would personally never hand out this kind of money to Tony Romo, but looks what's out there? Vince Young, rookie, or Kyle Orton. It's not like Dallas had a ton of choices here. And plus there's about to be a ton of $20M/yr QB's.

Watch Matt Ryan get some ridiculous figure, and he can't win a playoff game.

They're QB's in a "QB league", these guy are going to get paid.
  9. bikini_titan

bikini_titan Camp Fodder

Not sure what Jerry was thinking on this one! Romo, worth that kind of dough? He is laughing all the way to the bank on this one!
  10. Luke Smartwater

Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

I agree that during the regular season he puts up some pretty good numbers. But when the game is on his sholders he plays on par with JaMarcus Russell. I think he is the only QB who can play elite for three quarters and then flip a switch and play so horribly that you wish Vince Young was your QB.