Too many role players?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Is it just me or does it seem like we have too many role players on defense and not enough all around players? It just seems like its gonna make it hard on the defensive coordinators to play the right players at the right time!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We don't have any playmakers/stars... we just have a whole bunch of role players. On both sides of the ball.

Hopefully, we'll get the playmaking CJ back, Britt will stay healthy and become a playmaker, and I think we're going to see a big year from Ayers & Morgan.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I must not understand what you guys mean by "role player" because every player on the field has a role.

If you are saying that the Titans have few players who stand out in their role, I'll point out that it was the first preseason game and extremely vanilla. The first teams didn't play long. Even with that, CJ and Greene looked a lot better than "role players" in the short amount of time they were on the field.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

As for Role players, What was up with Williams? He looked great. Maybe he will make the team afterall.

Role players? Maybe. It just appeared to me that our best player on D last night, pollard included, was the yellow flag. These guys are better than this. I saw a bunch of aimless people running after the ball, not to the ball. They need to get it together. I hope this is not a residual effect of keeping grey.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I guess I defined role players as just your typical run of the mill guys. Non-playmakers, just bodies on the field. They have their ups occassionally, but mostly are just average. Basically, we have no playmakers.

Quit askin' questions.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SATitan

SATitan Starter

Ridiculous, all this after one preseason game. Gimme a break guys...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The truth.

Do we have anyone the offense shifts protections to? No.

Do we have a corner to leave on an island? No.

A safety that can do multiple things? No.

There isn't a single guy on this defense that scares someone.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I thought this would be about LARPing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

Funny ****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar