Too soon for Christmas lights?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 14, 2014.

?
  1. Early November

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Sometime after Thanksgiving

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Like a day or two before Dec. 25th

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Driving home yesterday I noticed crews throughout my town hanging Christmas lights. Im now planning to drag out my lights and begin decorating our house this weekend.

I figure its better doing it now and getting it done with than trying to do it down the road when its freezing. And with the Titans playing on Monday this was as good a weekend as any. Am I right?

Im only talking about outside decorations, no way Im doing the tree thing this early, that can wait a few weeks.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I put them up on Thanksgiving weekend, mostly because it's an extended week off and I have the spare time.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving? That's just an out by the city to say, "No no no, they're not Christmas lights. They're holiday lights!"

3. JCBRAVE

The town I live in would be on some PC crap like that, but we know they're Christmas lights lol.

Back when I worked for a bank they had us stop saying merry Christmas and start saying happy holidays, I was like no, Im Christian and Im saying merry Christmas, i did add the happy holidays at the end, but I wasn't dropping the Christmas part for anyone.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

too lazy for Christmas lights.

If I weren't, I'd get pink and orange ones, and leave them up from October through February.

In October, they are Halloween/Breast Cancer awareness lights, In November/December/January, they're Christmas lights.. and In February, they're Valentine's day lights.

Haven't figured out the rest of the months yet. Working on it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

I stocked up the last 2 years for this Christmas, bought 3 shopping carts worth of lights. Im not even sure I need that much but at half price I was like fuq it

Im going for the Griswold experience, my neighbors dont need to sleep in December.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

In Cheesehead land it is a challenge, as it is already below 20 degrees here. We are always gone for Christmas anyway, so we pretty much punt the whole light thing altogether (punt the tree thing as well). Call me scrooge I guess.....

That said, I do see quite a few of my neighbors that keep the lights up year round (just check and energize around the holidays). I guess that relates to my first comment about temperature here in November.

7. JCBRAVE

When I was a kid I remember how magical it was to come home and the Christmas lights were on, it was even better when the neighbors lite up their houses too. Im excited to get to do the same for my kids now, they're going to love it.

This is my first year in this neighborhood, but Ive driven thru before, dont recall much lights, but hope they all get in the mood when they see me walking on the roof tomorrow

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Good thread! I was itching to put up lights last night after I got home from work and begged the GF to let me do it, but she just gave me a weird stare. I normally put them up right after Thanksgiving, but the girls here in the office are playing Xmas music and it's got me in the mood to be all jolly and chit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Wait....you said crews putting up lights? Is that a thing?

Silly white america

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If they're orange they can stay up all year long.
    I'll put up Krampus lights after I wake from a turkey coma..

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar