Top 10 Films of 2007

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by titanbuoy, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS TRADE DOWN Tip Jar Donor

I'm on board with that. I'm sure you've seen Children of Men, which to me had the most convincing scenery and vibe of all these post-apocalyptic Euro flicks..
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I watched American Gangster the day I bought the DVD and haven't had the urge to watch it again since. I didn't dislike it, it simply left me a little underwhelmed. That being said, enough people whose opinion I respect really like the film AND it's a Ridley Scott joint; :) Soooo I think perhaps it's time to watch it again and see what i think after that 2nd viewing.
  3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

American Gangster was better when it was 3 hours long apparently. They should have focused more on the heroin business than Crowe's sob story.
  4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

In other words, stay tuned for director's cut DVD release. :yes:

So I watched Sweeney Todd. I thought it was pretty brilliant. There were moments initially when the singing got a bit much (for my taste). I guess it just took me a few minutes to get into the flow, but once in, it was a lot of fun. Bonham Carter was particularly impressive. I think I might be guilty of taking Depp for granted.

Just to add to the gore of the event, a dude got stabbed right out front of my place as I was watching it. Screams, sirens, the whole bit.

It was honestly a pretty surreal night.
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Starter

I really enjoyed Sweeney Todd. I'm a big Tim Burton fan, so I'm pretty much down to watch whatever he makes. Who knew that Depp could sing well?
  6. CRUDS

Sweeney Todd was definitely something to take in. Burton had a string of duds after Big Fish and this one was redeeming...

On the other hand, American Gangster was even less watchable than what I expected and I'm not a big Denzel fan to start. The documentary was more interesting..
  7. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

depps' actually been playing guitar since he was a teenager and i think he has an album or two out under a pseudo name.

i know for a fact that he did some of the music for Once Upon a Time In Mexico.
  8. CRUDS

Under what name?
    I have the soundtrack and it's filled with some wonderful sounds by Tito Larriva, Brian Setzer, Robert Rodriguez and a bunch of Mexican groups I'd never heard of before.. I'm a big Tito & Tarantula/Plugz/Cruzados fan and buy just about anything I can find that Tito does..
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

track nine, Sand's Theme by Tonto's Giant Nuts
  10. CRUDS

I'll hafta check that out..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.