Top 10 TITANS players of all time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

1. Vince Young - More great plays in one season than the combined career list below. I have no problem making him number one. ROY
    2. Bruce Mathews - Glue to several playoff teams, HOF
    3. Eddie George - Frankly, carried McNair for several years
    4. Steve McNair - MVP, carried team to playoffs
    5. Jevon Kearse - Keyed the #2 defense of all time, ROY
    6. Keith Bulluck - Tackle city, playmaker.
    7. Derrick Mason - First player to give McNair a real target
    8. Samarai Rolle - Shut down corner
    9. Frank Wychek - La' Miracle de l'Adelphia
    10. Blaine Bishop - team leader.

2. How can Vince Young be #1 on your list based on just 1 season when McNair had the best season of any Titan ever?

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So if Steve McNair only played the year where he won the MVP, would he be number one on your list? If Jevon Kearse had only played his rookie year, would he be number one on your list? If Eddie only played one year, would he be number one on your list? If i'm hearing this correctly, are you saying that even if Vince didn't play another year, he would still be number one on your list?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Question was, who is the best player. VY is an MVP candidate already, after one season. McNair took 8 seasons to gain attention. It's not just me. Everyone sees it. VY won ROY. McNair never did. VY had more great plays in one season than McNair in his whole career. If you ask me, it's clear cut who is the better player. One season or not, VY is better than McNair will ever be or ever was. And that's no disrespect to McNair, who ranks behind Eddie on my list, and who had a great year, but Vince is just that much better.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Vince also came in with a lot more recognition coming from Texas after winning a national championship and finishing second in the Heismann voting, if this weren't a Titans forum I'd bet nobody would know where McNair went to college

6. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i disagree, mcnair took this team to the playoffs several seasons and to the superbowl once, i dont think 1 season makes VY better than mcnair, easy there....

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

How many games did McNair play his rookie year? if I'm not mistaken he played four, none starts, he wasn't expected to do nearly as much his rookie year

8. McNair barely saw the field as a rookie so he had no chance at the ROY. And Vince is not an MVP candidate.

As for Vince's first year proving how great he is going to be, you should probably go back and check out Michael Vick's first year as a starter. Compared to Vince's 1st year as starter, Vick had a better completion percentage and TD:INT ratio, more passing yards (and TDs), more rushing yards (and TDs), yards per pass, and yards per carry.

Vick since then? You probably already know that...

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That was also his second year in the league, meaning he had a full year of sitting behind someone learning the playbook and familiarizing himself with the system before he really saw significant playing time

10. Doesn't change the fact that he took teams by surprise in his first year as the starter, but he never played that well again once teams had taken time to study to to defend him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar