Top 5 all time albums

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Naw man, I'm an all classic 70's and early 80's Punk/Rock nut - and Irish to boot SLF is good stuff, Pogues etc. My wife is way big into Flogging Molly..
    My band has played B'ham a few times - at The Nick. Alabamy is always a good gig - the kids come out. I buy my trucks in B'ham too, at Limbaugh Toyota..

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Same, I even gave a top 5 underground.

3. leefrone

leefrone Camp Fodder

No Beatles!!!

Abbey Road - Beatles
    White Album - Beatles
    Graceland - Paul Simon
    Dark Side - Pink Floyd
    Junta - Phish

and of course - Any Zeppelin Album

4. leefrone

leefrone Camp Fodder

forgot to mention medeski, martin, and wood as well as bela fleck & flecktones, some of the greatest musicians I've ever seen. futureman, victor wooten, and bela fleck are unreal, the tightest group of musicians I think I've ever seen live. Trey Anastasio is the greatest guitarist I've seen, in his earlier years of course.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

There once was a man from Nantucket
    Who saw a guitar and said

sorry phone is ringing I gotta go

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We played it when it was the "The Wooden Nickel". I've got some great stories about Limbaugh. Big partier.

FYI- That's Henry Rollins (Black Flag) in my avatar. He played the Nick several times in early 80's. He actually read some of his poetry by the fountain in Five Points. Dude is intense- Rennaisance on 'roids.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow..

Bela fleck and the beatles. This thread is getting interesting now.

I never heard of fleck,(jazz-classical) banjo player until his appeared on the josh groben live at the greek dvd we had. He sure can play but his appearence was only for a few minutes.

Beatles abbey road and white album would have to be on anybody's top 10 list for best rock album.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Fleck was amazing with New Grass Revival. Those guys practically invented a genre. A lot of groups followed in their footsteps.

9. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I have a very diverse selection of music. I have rock, rap, country, oldies all in my IPOD. I play drums so I'm always looking for bands with good drummers. My list consists of the top 5 albums that in my opinion have the best drums.

1. The Used- "The Used" (Self titled)
    2. GWAR- "Beyond Hell"
    3. Protest the Hero- "Kezia"
    4. From First to Last- "Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has a Bodycount"
    5. The Used- "Maybe Memories" (Live)

The Used- "Blue and Yellow"
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/16ixnciXhZ8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/16ixnciXhZ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Many drummers I know are really into Neil Peart of Rush. Just a suggestion if you haven't listened to him much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar