Top 5 all time albums

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Neil Peart is an awesome drummer. I had no idea who he was and then in 8th grade I got free tickets to a Rush concert. So me and my brother went and Neil did a 15 minute drum solo. I was completely amazed. That's how I got into drums.

2. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Plus I'm more into heavier music. Don't get me wrong Rush rocks, but they just aren't heavy enough.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Best drums...

I have a feeling nobody will be listing beatle's albums here. Any ringo fans out there? Childress?:suspect:

Some of my favorite drum work, jazz, what else?

Jazz
    Miles Davis milestones(philly joe jones)
    Art blakley and the jazz messengers, moain(art blakley)
    Sonny Rollins, saxaphone colossus, (max roach)
    John coltrane, sun ship, (elvin jones)
    Booker ervin, space book, alan dawson)

My list represents 5 drummers but elvin jones is probably the all time best jazz drummers. Best drummer period for the music i like!

Because bebop was exclusively a black creation that began in the mid 40s all the best bop drummers were black while the best white drummers came from swing and big band. I listen almost exlusively to bop so that is what my list is with the one exception of coltrane's mid 60s avant garde . There were some great big band drummers buddy rich being the best known along with gene krupa and louis bellson but their music doesn't interest me.

For a great comparison-contrast of these 2 styles there is an album called rich vs roach. It took a lot of courage for max roach to match up with an awesome talent like rich and the result is a great album for drummers but not great jazz in my opinion. I have seen buddy rich live and there is no drummer better for speed and technique..

www.amazon.com/Rich-Versus-Roach-Bu...1397607?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1176204346&sr=1-1

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

cdy...

Heavier as in harder or heavier as in deep? :ha: :ha: :ha:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm an Elvis man. Never liked the Beatles much but I know enough about them to say that Ringo's a crap drummer.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Elvis man?

Have you been to graceland? Memphis is a great town..

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Not yet.

I once asked on here if Graceland is worth the visit. I'm sure it was Bipolar who said it was a good day out.

Maybe we'll make it in 08 finances permitting.:yes:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A good day out?

That might be fine if you were coming from little rock or nashville but not flying out of heathrow.

Because memphis is 3 hours from nashville the best thing for you might be to come to nashville in the fall and take in a game. During the week you can take day trips or over night trips to memphis. My family and i have taken day drips to memphis leaving here early in the morning and coming back late in the evening. We drive in, eat lunch; memhis has the best ribs and then do some sightseeing(graceland) and then have a nice dinner somewhere. Sometimes ribs again somewhere else!:ha: I'm not kidding! The rendezvous downtown is the best memphis BBQ experience with their dry rub ribs. Only problem with a day trip is that you can't drink. If you want to hang out on beal street and hear blues music and drink some you need to stay over.

Ever have a deep fried hamburger? I'm talking about bun and all? At dyers they have that and while not good for you they are really good.

Between nashville and memphis there is plenty to do and both cities are less expensive than much of the country especially the east and west coast..

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Thanks for the info RollTide.

When it happens I hope it'll be over a two home game stretch like Gunny did it. Should be plenty of time to take it in your recommendations.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Don't forget East TN either. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park has some sites you don't want to miss. About 3 hours east of Nashville.

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar