Top Guards In The Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Exactly. Robinson is also on record saying, "We talked about the fronts being the core foundations -- got to protect the passer more, got to get after the quarterback -- and we tried to make moves to position ourselves to run the football, control the clock."

"I think (now) it’s just continuing to build on that, branch out on that. Try to create more opportunities to get the offense out there, when the offense is out there try to find a few more plays to put ourselves in better scoring position. Just find players that’ll help us come up with a couple more wins that we just didn’t quite come up with this year and continue to build on that mindset."

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-...-the-obvious-titans-need-to-address-perimeter

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Guards at #5 and #18.

BUILD!

THE!

WALL!

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

Why is Kline a stop-gap............He played very well & is young enough to play out another contract.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Well that was a few months ago lets remember. But hes also only under contract for another year. Has had concussion issues, another one and he might be done. Finally hes really not all that good. Really disappointing in the run game imo, holds his own in the passing game.

I don't think its an offseason priority but I wouldn't mind bringing in more competition.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yeah, this looks like one of the worst OL classes in ages. Thank god we did not wait until this year to get our RT.

I agree with you on Robinson and like you still think he will be taken high because there is nothing else in terms of good LT prospects.

If Ethan Pocic is there in the third I think he would make an excellent pickup though given the quality of the group I doubt he lasts that long. He may even go first round with Nelson no longer coming out.

6. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Forrest Lamp. He was the left tackle for Western Kentucky the last two years, and he played outstanding. Shorter length and arms will probably mean a move to OG. He could probably be had in the third-round. That's my ideal situation.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He did not play "Very well", that is bit of a stretch.

He can easily play another contract however you need to look at it this way:
    • Both Kline and Spain are FA after next year; along with Lewan
    • All three will get a big raise, Lewan in particular, and Jones is already highly paid
    • You can only spend so much on each position group before it impacts your ability to pay other position groups
    • Lewan will almost surely be re-signed and I think it is likely they can only afford to keep one of Spain and Kline

8. kenny

kenny Starter

OK let me re-word that, He played VERY well compared to the last OG we took in the 1st round!!

The oline improved once Warmack went to IR. There is no debating that. Anyway it goes; OG is not the weakness that needs to be addressed this offseason. It CAN be improved upon for sure. However, this is not the draft to take an OG in the 1st round. The talent is just not there this year IMO. Especially considering how much improvement the line showed this year. Another year together & this group really could live up to that #1 ranking it received. Pulling it apart after one PARTIAL season does not make sense for a group that improved substantially. Just my opinion of course.

I am not the best at ranking olinemen. You most likely know more about it than I do. I just do not see Robinson drafting an OG in the 1st round when we have MUCH bigger needs to address.

Before we can win any more games the secondary & WR positions MUST be improved. The oline & RBs have shown big improvements.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

and Jones is already highly paid
    [/LIST][/QUOTE]

Ben Jones just signed a 4yr $17.5 Million deal with us this off season.....That's not exactly "Highly paid"........

For anyone else, yes. For an NFL Center it's a pretty good contract. Especially for a solid Starter. IMO Jones has been exactly that. He is not going to push out many in Pro Bowl voting, but he is a big upgrade over what we had IMO.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think Kline or Spain would get insane raises on the market

3/4 mil per.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar