Top seed will be on the line in Steelers at Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

HOUSON -- The Titans are 12-2. The Steelers are 11-3. Their game in Nashville next week is basically for the AFC's No. 1 seed.

A Tennessee win and it's clinched.

A Pittsburgh win and the Steelers take control. With a head-to-head tiebreaker in hand, a Week 17 win at Heinz Field against the Browns would put Pittsburgh in line to host the AFC Championship if they win their divisional round game.

When they were a completely different team, the Texans got destroyed on opening day at Pittsburgh, 38-17, then lost in Nashville, 31-12.

Who's better?

"I would say the Steelers are probably a better team, but who knows?" Houston middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans said.

More...

2. smili

smili Starter

In an odd way this game 16 vs. the Steelers is what I consider our "measuring stick" game for the entire year.

A game that means the same to both teams - the two top teams in the AFC.

We really haven't had any "big" game like this, so it'll be good to see the Titans with the pressure really on now.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

It's going to be a war....at least I hope it is a war. If we show up, it will be a good game.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't like our chances without our best defensive player. However if KVB is back that will help. I think if we can pressure Roethlisberger it could be enough to win the game.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Have no fear my friends, we will win. I have faith.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've been thinking about it and honestly not much about the Steelers offense scares me. I think we can force Big Ben to turn the ball over. I mean our offense averages more YPG than there's, we average more points per game and we have more YPG than they do. And in the last 3 games they've given up at least 96 yards on the ground. I think Smash and Dash can do a lot more than Choice did to them.

F it. I'm not scared of ****sburgh anymore. I've read all the trash talk on their forum and I'm sick of it already. I think we can beat these bums. Show them how overrated they really are.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

^now that's the spirit

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Awww heck yeah!! I know it's easy to say the Titans were resting on their laurels vs. the Texans because that's the easiest excuse to find, but the fact remains, we got BEAT. Allowing any wide receiver, even someone like AJ, to top 200 yards means you were not playing football, you were out there dancing.

But now I'm excited and enthusiastic (no, I wasn't celebrating the Texans stooging us. lol). If you thought the Titans were peeved coming off a Jets loss, think about how mad they should be when we face off against the Steelers! The Titans were a mean football team vs. Detroit, and that's the kind of attitude we'll need if we want to take out our last challenge on the way to the playoffs. I'm really, really looking forward to this game - it should be everything the top two AFC teams are capable of, and then some. Bring 'em on!!!

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Huge game! Hopefully, the Steelers continue what they have been doing offensively. They have been playing horribly for the first 3 and a half quarters. If they do that Sunday, they will not win. The Titans will be ready to play. Say what you want about the Texans game. You still know Fisher WILL have them ready to play for the #1 seed on Sunday. The Steelers will have to play much better than they have been to pull this one off. Hopefully, the crowd will be pumped, and loud as h*ll.

10. We're fortunate that the Steelers have just completed two of their toughest games thus far. They were damn lucky with the blown call in Baltimore, and will be hard pressed to maintain the intensity for another dogfight particularly away from home again. Time for the Titans to kick some ***.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar