top tacklers in the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why would teams run at KVB when they can much more easily run at LaBoy/Connover?

I wish I knew of a page that has teamwide split stats for a defense like you can get for a RB, saying how many times he ran this way or in what situation and how much they got.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I doubt that would be because of selective memory.

I saw it, and according to stats I've seen, teams ran about even on us whether it was left or right (actually the ran a little better to the D's left).

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Why don't you post a link for us?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You're the one making the case. Where are your facts?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

TNThunder, you still haven't commented on Bulluck being ranked 11th among OLB's in tackles. Even if you consider tackles a reliable indicator of a players performance (which it isn't), that's pretty good.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Tell you what. Gut said he was going to watch the Giants game again and give his report of how all the linebackers played in that game. Before we get caught up in stats that don't tell the entire story, let's wait and see what he says. Our D was on the field for a lot of plays this year. As I said earlier, he should be racking up the stats for tackles. Sadly those stats don't tell you if they were made at the LOS or 10 yards downfield. Then Bobo tap dances around the subject by saying I am wrong yet can't offer any proof to back that up, even though he says he has seen the stats. Sounds fishy to me.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You mean like how you claim to have proof that Bulluck isn't a top tier OLB? That he makes all of his tackles after a 10 yard gain? That he can't take on OR avoid blockers?
    So far we've shot down your "tackle" evidence and you have shown no evidence that he can't take on or avoid blockers, nor that he should be making all of his tackles down the field......

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If you read the thread, you will see that several have conceded that. Even Gut said he's not a run stopper or can he shed tackles. So where does that leave us but with an aging veteran that does a few things well. He covers well and makes tackles side to side. Somehow people are saying that is all an OLB is supposed to do. It's no skin off my teeth if we keep him, but don't complain because we are 32nd in defense if you aren't going to upgrade some positions. I have watched him since the Dallas game, and he is part of the problem. I have posted many examples of where he has been burned, and I have seen one reply. He tackled Westrbook on a swing pass for a loss. He is much bigger, and Westbrook had not even turned upfield. This discussion is as bad as McNair two years ago. McNair was a "warrior" etc., and you could not say a bad word about him. Now look how most people feel.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wow, don't put words in the mouth of others. Some have conceded that he's not among the best against big blockers or bigger backs, but by no means is he he in the lower 50%.

Wow, you've watched Bulluck for ½ a season and you think he's the problem? Come back when you've watched 3 or 4 years of his play and we can talk.

And you still haven't explained how the *** this "aging veteran that does a few things well" end up being the teams leading tackler. If he's so bad, why don't all the better players on our team make all the tackles?

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

TNThunder
    Bulluck is a top shelf, grade A, PlayMaking, Pro Bowl OLB. He is the least of our problems, End of Story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar