Top Ten Free Agent Bargains

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

most likely none of which we will get except maybe Randle El

2. wg53

wg53 Starter

No, we won't get him. Plus we don't need another 3rd WR/Special teamer.
    He isn't a No. 1 WR and most likely will never be. He's overrated.

3. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

We could get Petersen or Bentley, but not both. If Petersen comes in Sirmon gets cut and Bentley is a center/guard, so even if he wants to be the highest paid, we're not talking left tackle $$. Reese loved him when he came out, he's young, Pro Bowl caliber, has some versatility being able to play guard, we have a need with Hartwig an UFA (he'd be a big upgrade over Hartwig anyway)...all those things lead me to believe we'll make a run for him (more so than Petersen or anyone else). Can Bentley long snap? If so, we could cut Amato and save some more $$. Just a thought....

4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Outside of TO, there are no WR's out there (yet). If there is no CBA, that could change. We need a legit #1 WR.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

If we lose Hopkins to FA, Seth McKinney the Center from the Dolphins would be a good pickup. He was rated one of the best bargain pickups on some website earlier this year(cant remember which one). It is possible that the Titans could sign McKinney and Peterson both.

There is no way that Randle El puts on a Titans uniform. We already have too many #2 WRs and we need a legit #1

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I still think Brandon Jones ultimately becomes the #1 - at least from the possession receiver standpoint

I like Randle El, you can do lots of things with that guy

7. THE53

THE53 Guest

I like Chris Hope from the Steelers and Na'il Diggs from the Packers, they would fit in real nicely. Claiborne may also fill in well at MLB, but i would love to just get Demeco Ryans or D'Qwell Jackson in the 2nd round...

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

Puck I would also love to get my hands on those three and I wouldn't mind Archeleta either

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I like the option of Julian Peterson, but I'm always reluctant to take risks on an injury. Could take him and then move Sirmon to the middle. I don't know why. Just seems creative.

Of course, as KVB proved, red is just an unfortunate uniform colour for injuries. Get Peterson outta 49ers red and into some Titans blue and that Achilles will heal up fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar