Top Ten Quarterbacks in the League...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It's clear that you have missed the entire point of this.

So you are comparing McNair's games against one of the elite defenses (perhaps the best) OF ALL TIME against Ben's games where he faces a watered down, older version (that is still pretty good, but not the same). Then, we have already shown that, EVEN DURING MCNAIR'S BEST TEAMS, Big Ben had more talent. Well, you add to the equation McNair's bad teams which are a LOT worse than Big Ben's teams. I see the equality there haha. You are a joke man. Even if this was a legit comparison, it is an extremely small sample size and would amount to nothing more than a difference in matchups.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what was this thread about...oh yeah who in your opinion are the top 10 QB's in the League, not what someone else thinks about your picks :rolleyes: :suspect:

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

aight some people are talking crap about trent green on the list, well he is one of the most underrated QB's in the NFL, and the reason he has no playoff wins, is because most of the time he had no one to throw the ball too. The KC Chiefs never gave him a weapon. you cant close out a playoff game with 1 player your givin the ball 2. LJ

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nonsense..

That older watered down raven's defense finished first in total defense and in scoring defense in 2006. Yeah they really suck!

Look at the end of my post, the three years i'm taking about the ravens averaged 3.6th in total defense. That's an old watered down version of what?:rolleyes: The titans defense finished in the top 4 only twice in the entire jeff fisher era! These guys averaged that during roethlisberger's career.

Note that one of mcnair's worst games against the ravens came in 2002 against the 22nd ranked rebuilding year ravens when he had 0tds and 3ints.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dc..

Who was talking crap about trent green?

Green was my 7th or 8th best QB in a similar debate back in 03. I like him and have no disagreement what so ever with anyone having him in their top 10. I simply used him for comparison purposes because despite his solid accomplishments he has never won a playoff game. Ben roethlisberger has won 5 with a super bowl ring...

So thank you because your post adds even more to the logical reasoning that ben roethlisberger is a top 10 QB.. Thank you..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ewker..

You just gave a good reason for not having a message board. :rolleyes: Of course we are going to argue over our picks. Are you new here?

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

there are ways to discuss and then there are ways to act like an ***..you choose how you want to be perceived

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I said they were good. But let's face it... no one is nominating them for the best defense of all time.

Again, I didn't say they were bad. But they weren't the same team. I could, likewise, pull up any games where McNair had a series of good games against a top defense and then compare it to a team that Big Ben hasn't played well against.

So he had a bad game. I guess we should make our top 10 list a top 0 list by taking out everyone whose had a bad game.

You can't compare how they played against 2 different teams to make a point about who's better. Even if you compared how they played against the exact same team (meaning, the same team AND same year), that still wouldn't mean much (didn't I already say that?). Some teams have trouble with certain teams for a variety of reasons... rivalries, matchups, coaching, etc... however, there are 32 teams so there is no need to compare how they played against only 1 of them.

I see that you have ignored everything else in my post and made a ridiculous comparison once again. Probably a smart move. I think I am done with this debate, if you can call it that. After you make your next post, you can consider my response to be the actual relevant statistics that you've completely ignored up to this point despite me mentioning them in almost every post.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My comparisons and illustrations are as close as we can get this isn't a science. You used a guy who never played NFL football and i'm using the best defense year after year. You want to nit pick my comparisons and illustrations you put God only knows what out of God only knows where.

So my comparisons have to be scientific. I have to consult big blue to come up with stats of how roethlisberger using the titans offense would have faired against the 2000 ravens. Nothing else matters? You used charlie ward?

Still not sure what your point is here. You admitted roethlisberger was a top 10 guy so what is it? How can you win a debate when you have already agreed with me in principle?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ewker..

Ewkers contribution to the discussion will happen when :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:

Quit acting like a baby. Even the best of friends and brothers have heated disagreements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar