Torry Holt or Roscoe Parrish?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Isn't Roscoe a common but poorly understood disorder of the facial skin that is estimated to affect well over 14 million Americans?

[​IMG]

In fact, while Roscoe is becoming increasingly widespread as the populous baby boom generation enters the most susceptible ages, a Gallup survey found that 78 percent of Americans have no knowledge of this condition, including how to recognize it and what to do about it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

It seems like we're done in free agency.

3. I will take Roscoe...expecially to boost our return game as well

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

that's the quickest cut back i have ever seen

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I really want Holt. I also read on SI that Parrish has 3 years left on his deal, and is set to make $1 Million in each of those years. Not a bad deal for a young, promising return man and WR help too. Many say that he isn't a good WR but I think the change of scenery, coming from Buffalo here to Tennessee, would do him well. He could easily come in and win our slot spot and team with Nate and Justin very nicely. Not to mention he'd push Lavelle to work harder.

We'd have our 2 big and tall WRs on the outsides, and Roscoe and Lavelle out in the slot. Throw some CJ, Bo, and Alge into that mix and we're looking ok.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Oh yeah, and I think he could be had for a 6th rounder and would be totally worth it. Chances are we'd use a pick like that on a WR who'll ultimately be cut anyway. Why not send that pick and use it on a young guy who has proven that he can make plays in this league. And like I said he'll make little over $3 Million over the next 3 years. Not bad.

7. Marko

Marko Starter

OK you make a few good points as to why he should be acquired. However we are almost in a win-now mode for the next 2 years or so. The proof of that is in the Collins deal. And I think a guy like Holt who is winding down his career will give you more because he is going to give it his all to win a ring (if he hasnt got one already). Thats the reason Bill Bellicheck likes veterans so much, they give it their all whilst young guys like Parrish are only going to be around to make up the numbers so to speak and regardless of money there's no way Roscoe Parrish should be brought to the Titans ahead of Future HOF Torry Holt. He would make a big difference to the passing game and the run game aswell by taking the 8th man out of the box.
    Holt will/would be KCs go-to-guy something which Bo Scaife doesnt light you up with confidence with him being a go-to-guy.

8. halt

halt Starter

Does anyone seriously think the Titans have a chance of signing Holt? Do you really think he wants to play in an offense where the TE has traditionally been the no. 1 receiver, where you have an aging QB, and coach that focuses on a run oriented offence, when he can go to a team with one of the hottest passing QB's in the league (Cutler), play for a coach he has been with before, and have the opportunity to play in a pass oriented offense. The Bears are all over him. I wish we had a chance, but I really don't think we do.

9. llr7

llr7 Guest

i think somtime next week we should hear something on the tory holt deal , i keep checking on nfl network and nothin. it may come down to a few days before the draft before we hear anything. you know the titans are not goin to overpay for him or anybody else.what is the thought on a rookie salary cap? you shouldnt make the big money till you prove yourself.i dont care what you did in college.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

You do know that the Bears haven't contacted him, right?

The only teams he has visited are Jacksonville and us. And he said he wants to play for a playoff team. So I think our chances are still good.

Why is this thread about choosing between Holt and Parrish? The two players would essentially be playing two different positions. Holt would be here to be the top wideout, while Parrish would be here primarily as our kick returner while providing depth at wide receiver. Parrish is no great receiver by any means, but he seems to be a good returner, and he accomplished more as a receiver last year than Chris Davis, Paul Williams, and new signee Mark Jones have during their entire careers...combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar