Torry Holt released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let the floodgates open...

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Titans better at least bring him in for a visit. If they don't sign him, fine. I will take that to mean that they decided he is too old, his skills have regressed too much or he wants too much money. But, if the Titans are serious about improving the team and taking a shot at a Super Bowl before the end of the Kerry Collins era (2 years tops, realistically), they have to at least consider signing a guy like Holt.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Get it done MR!

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

What kind of a contract is he looking for? Anybody heard?

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I would prefer Boldin, but I know like everyone else the price tag is gonna be too high for MR, so that wont work. I'd roll with Tory Holt, he's actually not wayyyy past his prime like some of the other "Veteran" WR's that we've recently brought in. Holt is capable of still performing well, especially running routes with 8 in the box trying to stop our run game.

Let's make it happen!

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

A few facts about Torry Holt for the doubters to chew on.

He is 32 years old.

Some ages of other veteran WRs for comparison:
    Joey Galloway - 37
    Marvin Harrison - 36
    Isaac Bruce - 36
    Terrell Owens - 35
    Derrick Mason - 35
    Muhsin Muhammad - 35
    Hines Ward - 33
    Randy Moss - 32
    Torry Holt - 32
    TJ Houshmandzadeh - 31
    Chad Johnson - 31
    Laverneus Coles - 31
    Reggie Wayne - 30
    Santana Moss - 30

His career stats are here:
    http://www.nfl.com/players/torryholt/profile?id=HOL771651

Last year he caught 64 passes for under 800 yards. The lowest total since his rookie year. That was still significantly better than any Titans WR and he was playing on one of the worst teams in the NFL.

He is not going to be demanding T.O., TJ or even Coles-type money, and anything uner $5m a year for 2 years would be a great deal for us.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Even in one of his worst years (keep in mind the team was so bad) he was still better than anyone we had. But I agree, we need to at least visit with him to see if he can still play which I think he can.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

For the sake of my sanity, I don't even want to know what happens with Holt.

It makes too much sense for him to be a Titan. He's got plenty of gas left, and he's plenty better than the scrubs that we are currently cutting checks to. Buuuut Jeff will make up some excuse to make us think otherwise...

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

We got the money why not look at him. He would improve over anything we got and maybe his experience would help out our younger WRs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar