Torry Holt released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

that was ment as purely sarcasm. forgot the smilely!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I have no problem with 90% of what MR has done (seems to have redeemed himself after that horrid first draft of WRs) but what probably chafed by butt more than anything was being too tight to bring in Berrian last year. My goodness, the one position that seems to be the hardest to fill has to be the one you need to loosen up on. I get sick of using draft pick after draft pick on wasted WRs. Would paying Berrian 7mil per year really destroyed the franchise? We needed a WR, we needed a down field threat and we didn't need to have JMac anywhere near the playing field. Singing Berrian could have been the difference last year in this team winning that first playoff game and more. Now we sign a poor man's version in Washington but heck, we could have signed Washington this year as well. Nothing wrong with having a few good WRs that can stretch the field.

Oh, and bringing in a washed up Torry Holt isn't going to make that much of a difference either. If he comes in for a visit I'd time him in the 40 and if he can't break 4.5 stay away. We don't need another Eric Moulds or JMac. I'd rather let a young guy develop.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I'm sorry but I'd take Holt any day of the week over Berrian. Berrian's skills are a flash in the pan, while Holt has delivered year after year despite lacking some serious pieces.

4. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

To get this back on topic... Peter King said today in Monday Morning QB that he expects Holt to sign with the Titans...

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If Holt ever gets back from Vacation! been over 10 days.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

And, just think... If we would have signed Dancing Taylor, too, we would have had a hit Vegas show.

Edit: 400th post! Watch out Gunny.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Not committing 3 turnovers and committing a gazillion penalties would have helped more!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ten Things I Think I Think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar