Torry Holt??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dman050586, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

??

we don't need to cut BJones and JMac...they're FA's...I'd like us to re-sign BJones though.

and Troupe hasn't been a Titan in a while.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I meant 'don't re-sign'..
    Same for Collins as well in the following post.

Not hard to figure out I assume.
    But yeah you're right i deserved it. 'cut' and 'don't re-sign' mean two entirely different things.

Troupe = Bo Scaife. **** my post was a mess wasen't it?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great idea!

With all the unrealistic crap that appears on these boards the prospects of getting a guy like holt is a great idea and possible but unlikely.

Holt is only 32. He will be 33 in June so he is not ancient and he does have some productive years left. Once the best Wr in the game he lost a step from a knee injury a few years back but he is still productive and would love to leave the misery of st Louis to play for a true contender.

Holt will count $10M against the cap next year in what is the last year of his contract which is why the rams will likely release him.

Holt is without a question a huge upgrade over Jmac and would be gold playing with a vet like kerry.

The one problem is that he wants to play with his brother Terrance who plays for the panthers and they also are a good situation for him and would be willing to pay him. More than likely he ends up there.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I would rather have Boldin over Holt. I want a WR that has a lot of football left in him and I think Boldin has more years left in his tank than Holt does.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Every single Titans fan in the world would rather have Boldin than Holt. That doesn't really need to be said.

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=138939

Sorry if this was already posted...but anyone see this??? How the Titans originally offered a 1st for Holt before the trade deadline....and Haslett balked at it?

Now all they want is a 3rd for Holt? I say realistically do it....unless some miracle deal comes through for Boldin, why not give up a 3rd for Holt if his career can be rejuvinated.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why not give up a 3rd? Because he has a big cap number and he's probably going to be released.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah except holt would cost us nothing and his contract would be for about $5M. Boldin would cost us a 1st and 2nd pick and will want to make $10M.

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Back to the Future, PitBull. We cut Troupe this past offseason. He went to Tampa, and got cut some more. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar