Torry Holt??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dman050586, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Boldin would be an amazing pickup for us and he does want out of AZ, but it seems like a lot of that depends on the type of money they might be able to give him if Fitz' decided to restructure his deal.

If we could sign a Boldin, TJ or Holt and re-sign AH and let Kerry walk (if the reports are true about him wanting more money than Warner) I'd say we'd be in pretty good shape. Now of course, we would need Simms to step up and produce and I think he has a lot more left in the proverbial tank than most people realize.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:yes:

Holt
    Gage
    Hawkins
    Jones

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A team with a mid 1st rd pick can maybe get him for a 1st and third. As late as we are picking it would be a 1st and 2nd at least. If it cost the cowboys a 1st and a third for roy williams you know it will be more for boldin.

I assume we are looking at a 1st AND 2nd AND a $10M a year contract to get him. a heavy price in draft capital and money.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Boldin's character flaw?

What lame brained WR would want to leave a team with a good QB that throws the ball over 600 times a year in a hot dry enviroment?

He can't be mad because he's playing on a loser they went to the damn superbowl!

He doesn't get double teams because the best WR in the league is on the other side.

A situation similar to reggie wayne a few years ago.

Boldin comes here and finds himself getting doubled all the time on a team that throws the ball 130 fewer times! Yeah he would be real happy with that.

Stop dreaming!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not really sure it's a character flaw thing. I am the first guy to talk about how much I hate prima donna WRs like T.O. and Chad Johnson.

In Boldin's case, it's not hard to see why he's pissed off. He makes something like $2 mil/year and the guy across the field from him (who is the best WR in the game but he isn't THAT much better than Boldin) makes $14 mil/year.

He probably doesn't want to leave Arizona, but he knows that leaving is the only way for him to get paid.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He wanted out before the season, I don't recall anything about it during the season?

I know there was the issue with his OC during the playoffs but that was nothing (and the OC is now gone anyway).

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't know why everyone would want another washed up receiver who got released by the RAMS...

Holt was great a couple years ago. Hes mediocre now IMO.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

How can Holt be washed up when he had nearly 1200 yards a year ago on a horrible offense? Even last season which was a down season by his standards puts his numbers better than anyone on our team.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Getting Holt at this point would be like getting Crumpler last year. You feel good about getting the name, but you don't know if you're getting the player that built that name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar