Torry Holt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by adams, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adams

adams Starter

Former St. Louis Ram Torry Holt to visit Jacksonville
    By Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Email this Share this Print this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It!
    DANA POINT, CALIF. _ Following his March 13 release from the St. Louis Rams, wide receiver Torry Holt took some time to regroup and recharge. He left the country on vacation, but returned earlier this week, and now he’s going about the business of finding a new job.

To wit, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday evening that Holt will be paying a free-agent visit to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday. Jacksonville is in dire need of receiving help.

The team cut Jerry Porter and had no plans to re-sign free agent Reggie Williams. On March 16, the Jaguars released wide receiver Matt Jones following his arrest earlier this month on a probation violation stemming from drug charges last summer. Jones led Jacksonville with 65 catches for 761 yards last season.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/ar...t-louis-ram-torry-holt-to-visit-jacksonville/

2. adams

adams Starter

We've tried to trade for him twice and his first visit is to the Jags? I say f--- him!:moon2:

3. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Kinda how I felt reading that too.

If that's not a big FU from a player, not sure what it is.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Hey Torry....:loser: if you go to Jags.

:headbang: if you come to Nashville.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Nah, makes perfect sense... we've already talked to him, he knows we want him and has a sense of what we'll pay him. He'll check out his other option(s) first and then make a decision. At this point if Holt visits Nashville it's with the purpose of signing. First he needs to see if someone else will pay closer to what he was making before.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You know the Jags will throw a ton of money at him, they have released their top 3 WRs from last year, they've already said they need to surround Garrard with more weapons and, last but certainly not least; they're complete financial idiots. This only hurts the Titans chances because the Jags will inflate Holt's value, or sense of that. Duechebag@!

7. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i am angry! i agree with most of you! thats like a big slap in the face, we try for your twice and you go visit our rival first? he will be a jag by the end of the day!

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

9. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

Its a pretty big slap to the face... and IF he does end up signing with FAGS... I mean Jags (honest mistake) lol... They've lost three of their best WR from last year.. Its really not that big of a deal... All we have to do is line Courtland Finnegan up against him and BAM he goes no where!! Other than Maurice Jones-Drew and Mercedes Lewis(at times) who else do they have as a big target??

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It sucks, but in the long run we are better served to draft a WR. Someone that can be around for many years and develop, and either be Vince's target for the future or the next QB we draft's target.

Still, Holt would make us immediately better, so it would be nice if we could get him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar