Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Total QBR and Jake.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 2, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,995
    agreed its subjective stat. Produced by the 4 letter network correct?

My understanding of it would be:
    the play that JL hit DW in the hands ( or any pass to KB - lol) and he stone handed it too the D. JL would get scored well on that decision and throw even if it would have been picked.

the QBR punishes checkdown charlies but the PR rewards them - THAT right there makes QBR superior IMO.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    I agree. Pitt was the #1 Pass D last year, btw & are 6th this year.
  2. ColtKiller Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $4,055
    Interesting. Peyton Manning week 1 was #5 in QBR... Andy Dalton scored higher. Flawed system.
    RollTide high fives this.
  3. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,124

at this rate the qbr will now be known as the pmr.... Peyton Manning system
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,646
    QBR frustrates me mostly because it's called "QBR".... as in Quarterback Rating.

Which is what most of us called the old rating system.

This just makes it confusing. Because a 72 passer rating sucks.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,243
    Jake has a 99 passer rating so far... which is excellent. He also had a 99 passer rating his rookie season. Seems like the trend when he is healthy, which has been pretty rare.

I think the key with Locker is now whether or not he can stay healthy. So far... it does not look promising. He'll have to come back from this injury, play well the remainder of the season, come back next year and do it again without getting hurt - if he wants a contract.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,646
    Ehhh... that rookie one is easily skewed.
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,243
    Yea he barely played, but all I know when he is healthy he has looked like a very good QB (for the most part) IMO.
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    We cannot expect to have a running QB stay healthy, thats part of the downfall. If he comes back and plays well, we are just going to have to deal with it. So that is kind of that.....
  9. Mitch86 Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $285
    He has yet to be hurt running. So what's your point? And I don't think the guy is "injury prone".Locker has taken plenty of big shots and gotten up. Getting a shoulder injury making a tackle isn't unusual. Especially for someone who doesn't tackle people very often. Getting sandwiched one high one low usually ends in an injury. Its not like he's going out there and pulling a hammy every game or blowing out a knee every time he takes off. He has been caught in a few situations and ended up with an injury. Its football! People get hurt every game..hell every play I'm sure there is a least one bump or bruise. Jake Locker has just happened to 2 injuries that set him back a few weeks.
    GoT high fives this.